Using Marijuana for Crohn's or Colitis: Preferred Strains?

Replies
Views
Past Member

Anyone here with Crohn's or colitis that consumes or smokes marijuana? If so, what type of strains do you smoke or do you smoke hybrids?

LilyJ

No, but I'm trying to find some. It's not legal where I live, except for cancer patients or those with seizures. I'm trying because of degenerative spinal issues due to taking lots of steroids many years ago when first diagnosed. I have had Crohn's for 52 years, ileostomy 43 years. Pain meds either cause allergy or slug up my gut. Let me know if weed helps you. I haven't used it since in my 20s and am now 70!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,431 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

moonshine

I have scleroderma with GI involvement - I have an ileostomy bag - and yes, wake and bake helps me, but in a way that it helps wake me up and actually curbs my appetite....I would rather have the pain of my disease than the pain of slow gut...

moonshine

Btw - I have used it since I was 13..............I am now 52 and have not had any adverse side effects

Past Member

Unfortunately, I too live in a state where marijuana is illegal. I have my ways of getting the higher grade weed though... And yes, it does help me with my colitis. So far, wake and bake is what I pretty much do for my lifestyle for now.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
LilyJ

What is wake and bake?

Past Member

Wake and bake is when you first wake up and smoke. First hit of the day. It replaces coffee. :-)

JudiA

Hi

I would think a good resource for info would be Medical Jane . com. For myself, I ingest rather than smoke, and like the Kush strain. If you are very sensitive to THC, you may want to try something like CannaTonic or even a high CBD ratio. Seems that there is another component in cannabis that sort of cancels out the "head" trip from the THC. That is CBD!

Judi

JudiA

Hi

I have had my "spout" since 1989, so another long-timer. I ingest cannabis. Fresh leaf smoothies are good and you don't get the buzz - it takes heat to activate the THC, hence smoking or baked goods. You might also want to look into turmeric for anti-inflammatory properties.

Judi

redtop

Ok... I have a question about medical cannabis.... Is there a strain that will give the buzz, but not the munchies? I have colorectal cancer, had chemo, radiation, surgery for the colostomy, and now chemo again... I have never been able to take pain pills, and that's ok, I much prefer pot... Been smoking since 1977.... But back to my question.... If I take a trip to Colorado, could I get what I'm looking for? And what do I ask for?

JudiA

Try this site for info about strains - as for a direct answer - I don't know of any - it lowers your blood sugar and so gives you the munchies as a craving for sweets especially.

www.medicaljane.com