Apply a Pouch I Found Easier

In this discussion
Replies
Views
slippery5442

After I take a shower and I'm dried off, I lay down on my bed. I remove the paper from the pouch and my stomach is almost flat. I'm able to apply the pouch without it getting bunched up. I use a Cymed pouch. The wafer is thin, removing it leaves your skin without ripping your skin. Ouch! I have never had to use a skin barrier or any other ostomy products. Once in a while, adhesive remover is needed. Thanks, Cymed.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,092 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

walderpeee

What is a CYMED pouch? And who do you order from?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
vulcanBMk2

I'm urostomy, so I change standing up in the bathroom. First, I take my new bag and tuck it under my left arm to get it warm. By the time I'm at the point of applying the new bag, I peel off the protective leaf off the adhesive flange. It's just warm and sticky enough to stick instantly and make a good seal.

Past Member

From where do you order it?

Hanaleah

Hi: I had a terrible time with micro-skin. I am a workout junkie and I was looking for something I could use to train. I tried it and the saran wrap just wrinkled and made me feel uncomfortable. I had my husband try to put it on me and he had the same result. He says if I want to try it he would do something different. But, I found the right solution for myself. I, also, wanted it to work because I am highly allergic to adhesive. I am glad to see it works for you. Maybe you can explain in detail how you put it on. I have watched the video many times. I would love to try it again.

Pray for Peace, Hana

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister