Hey everyone

Replies
Views
Jonny

Hi everyone. I'm new here as I just discovered this website.

I'm 26, male and from the UK. I've had a colostomy since I was 5 (as well as other issues) and looking for people similar to my age range to talk to. I don't have many friends and my social life is pretty non-existence. So I'm looking for anyone who wants to chat!

IHateColons

Welcome to the site! I'm the same age but have only had my ileostomy 5 years. But still, know somewhat what you're going through. Pop-in the chat room sometime. People are very friendly and we all love making new friends!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

NJ Bain

Welcome to the site Jonny!Age is just a number in here as you will soon find out. Do as IHC says and join the chat room next time you log in. A lot of us love to chat but there are a lot of members who aren't even aware that they are automatically logged into the chat. So don't be discouraged if people don't immediately reply to you in general chat.

If you are on a PC, the general chat function is in the lower right corner of your screen. Just click on general chat.

If you are on a mobile device, the chat feature is also in the lower right corner of the screen. It's a little box that you have to click and it will open a new window.

General chat and posting in forums is available to both paying and non paying members.

Private messages and emails can only be initiated by a paying member.

If you are a non paying member, you can respond to emails and private messages sent to you by a paying member.

At the end of the month, if you are one of the top 10 people that post in the forums, you will receive a full membership for the following 30 days.

Just a few things I've noticed when I became a member. Again, welcome to the site and let us know if you have any questions.

Bain

Jonny

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have to admit this website does seem very friendly and helpful.

I will ill definetely log into chat as soon as I can and see who is around. Looking forward to meeting some like-minded people! :)

firedup

Hello Jonny,

I am not in your age group, but I welcome you to the site just the same. I think Bain covered everything a new person needs to know ;to get around the site.

Take care and good luck,

Gail

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Jonny

Thanks guys. Look forward to getting to know some of you. :)

Past Member
Hello