Skydiving with an Ostomy: Tips?

Replies
Views
moonshine

I have an ileostomy........has anyone skydived with a bag? Does it blow up with air.....if I did it, should I bring a change of bags.....somehow I think the thrill of the jump is worth the shit I may have to deal with once on the ground

Bill

Hello Moonshine.

GO FOR IT!!

If the worst happens, I'm sure you will not be the only one who has shit themselves at their first sky dive.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
moonshine

OMG...never thought of it that way

NJ Bain

Moonshine,

That's one of the things on my bucket list. I would probably make sure that my bag was empty prior to the jump. I think that the equipment you'll have to put on will be more than adequate to keep the bag in place. I don't foresee any issues. Just have fun!!

Bain

moonshine

Yeah, I am a freak about keeping my pouch empty. I have a bidet (toilet wand) at my home to flush it clean. I empty at least every hour. This way I can still wear tight jeans, skirts, leggings, etc. I have learned to adjust.

You seem like a great guy.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
NJ Bain

*Blushes*

I won't say a "great" guy... just a good guy... *evil grin*

Angelicamarie

Hey moonshine, take a chance!!! You seem like you're courageous. We only live once. Were you thinking of doing it soon? Good luck in advance!!! Angelicamarie

Past Member

That is so cool, about skydiving that is, this is something I want to do sometime in my life as well. I have some concerns about the bag filling up with air. I know they sell bags with vents in them though, or so I read. I am a year out wearing a urostomy bag.

swede588

Hello Moonshine.

I have an ostomy bag and gone skydiving 5 times over the last 2 years without any problems.

Dennis

NanceB

Take a couple of Lomotil to slow down the flow.

Past Member

Hi, have you considered irrigation? My bag is always empty for up to 2 days

gt59

Hi, I haven't skydived since my ileostomy but I have been on several paragliding flights, including one in the Annapurna Range above Pokhara, Nepal.

Can't say I noticed anything different.

Same when I did a shallow dive on the Barrier Reef.

As long as you feel okay with your bags, I use a Sensura Mio with a Dermacol collar. They have never let me down.

Ppilot

I have jumped recently with a colostomy, with no problems. Though it's best to be as empty as possible because your bowels are loosened a bit going up then coming down. But yes, have some spares for after.

Mayoman

So, did you do it, Moonshine? I had planned to try that... But... not yet!? How did it go? Magoo

Homie With A Stomie NS

I go everywhere with supplies and a change of clothes. I say, do it. Use adhesive tape around the flange for extra protection and deal with whatever when back on the ground.