Benefits of Probiotic Drinks for Improved Digestion

Replies
Views
calhi

Everyone should start taking probiotic drinks ... it has been the best thing I had done ... myself; since I do not have a colon, I drink 2 or three daily.

I also have capsules when I am not home .... my digestion is working so well now.

Costco has cool/probiotic drink with a good price (case).

realmccoy18

Calhi,

Thanks for the info. What is it called? I am heading to Costco today and would like to pick it up. Does it taste good and is it already mixed or do I need to mix it? Thanks for your help.

Peggy

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,443 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Xerxes

Calhi

I am glad that you find this helpful. However, some of the probiotic effects have been overstated because of the extremely low pH of the stomach gastric juice that tends to minimize any beneficial actions of probiotics. Again, in your case, I am happy that you find them beneficial.

X_

Anoniem18

From time to time I buy "Kefir" which is a huge probiotic. As far as drinking goes, I drink almost continuously, either water with an enhancer (mainly Mio Sport with electrolytes) 0 calories, or a tub of yogurt, a pound of fresh or frozen fruit, strawberries, raspberries, mango, cherries, +1 banana - blender. Otherwise, I eat just about anything.

I have yet to encounter a blockage or experience any problems.

Ed.

BruceFan

What are the benefits that you have experienced? Also, please state the type of ostomy, as it matters!

Thanks.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Reversal in Alabama

Kefir is great! It keeps you regulated without taking all the artificial things like Miralax and stool softeners.

Anoniem18

I can only tell you that while I didn't eat a lot of yogurt and probiotics prior to the resultant ileostomy due to colon/colorectal (four masses of cancer), research suggested the advantage of probiotics and yogurt, and the lack of any problems since the operation suggests to me that it was the right methodology. Note in addition, I drink about 3-5 liters (quarts) of water a day. The only problem is having to visit the restroom more often than I needed to empty my bag.

Ed

vikinga

I also drink organic plain kefir, both milk-based and homemade water kefir. The milk kefir I use in smoothies. I also take 50 billion probiotic daily. But one of the best things I do for myself every day is drink an organic turmeric latte on an empty stomach. It has done wonders reducing inflammation!

Hermit

Hi, talked to you a while back. What probiotic do you use? Tks

Maryellen

Could you please share your recipe for the organic turmeric latte? Thank you!