Love Found: My Success Story as an OstoMate!

Replies
Views
drfields24

Hello everyone!!!

It has been almost a year since joining this site. I just wanted to share. I know a lot of people get concerned about meeting someone on here. I'm not a lifer membership and I had someone initiate to take me out. I've been divorced since 2009. He lives in Chicago. I ignored the first time thinking he was joking. I live in Milwaukee. So a month later he sent me a message through this site saying he wanted to meet me. That was in April this year. I must say it was the best thing that could happen to me. We talk almost every day. We have so much in common. He comes up all the time to spend the day or weekend together. It really does make a difference when someone has an ostomy like you. Such understanding and we always have something to talk about. I want to share because sometimes people think it's hard to meet someone or they say this site doesn't work. I'm a testimony that this site does work. We are talking marriage this time next year. I will keep you posted.

Angelicamarie

I'm happy for you, congratulations. Wish you the best of luck!!! Angelica Marie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,360 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello drfields24. Thank you for sharing this and congratulations. It is so uplifting to hear stories like this where things work out for people and I wish you the best for your future together.

Bill

sherileo

What a great story, thanks for sharing your positivity! 3

Xerxes

Nice, heartwarming story. Good luck!

Merc

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
petunia

Good for you. Very happy for you.

Past Member

Way to go, hopefully the best chance you've ever taken in life!! Wishing you the best.

katherinejohnson

Very nice, great story. Good luck.

elliemm

That's fabulous, so happy for you both!

Would like to think this is possible for all of us on this site. Best of love, luck, health and happiness to you both.

Ellie

kstyle

It's nice to see that it happens for some people. I hope someday to be able to share a similar fabulous story.......

K

HenryM

Okay, so I just came across this post three years after you posted it.  How about an update...  

eaills6969

My name is Edward Aills. I have an ostomy because I got shot six times. I am scared to even talk to a girl face to face because this ostomy messes with me mentally. I know I spelled it wrong, lol... Well, anyway, I am lonely as hell and looking for a relationship. I can't figure out how to put pictures on here, but if you have Messenger, I can send you pics.

AlexT
Reply to eaills6969

Copy your picture and then paste it on your thread.