What do we do now?

Replies
Views
NotMyProblem

So Mom had her reversal surgery on Tuesday, July 3rd. We got to go home yesterday with very little instruction or guidance on what to expect. Now that we're home, I'm a nervous wreck. She had a "kinda" bowel movement in the hospital (or maybe it was the norm for now), but since we've been home, nothing. Any tips or ideas would be helpful. Also, food options would be appreciated. They gave her pork chops and cabbage on the first day she could have solid foods, and I just don't think that was the best choice. Any information you have would be great! Thank you!!

weewee

After all my surgeries, it was always best to eat soft foods. For me, I eat grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, mashed potatoes, yogurt - anything easy to digest while I heal. Then, when things start improving, change to things that will thicken the poop.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.