Where to Buy Ileostomy Supplies in Puerto Vallarta?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
Looking for recommendations on where to purchase ileostomy supplies in Puerto Vallarta.
wouldyouforrme

Hi all, on vacation in PV, ended up going through three times the supplies I thought I would. Does anyone know of a location to buy more supplies down here? Thank you kindly

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

dadnabbit

You could try Amazon or your own provider, who should be able to ship anywhere.

Peace

Cadnabbit

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
xnine

Medimmed in colonial Versailles on Milan 162. There is a pic in my photos if you can get to them.

xnine

Took the family to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for two weeks, Jan 1 - 15. There were nine of us. Our flights were with WestJet, leaving Calgary at 2:45 PM and arriving in PV at 8:30. Have you ever had to change a bag on an airplane? You get to know how cramped the washrooms really are. Landing was a little exciting. We took a couple of good bounces before we touched down. Do immigration, everyone got the green light. Customs, no questions asked. Off to the transfer bus, a twelve-passenger Mercedes-Benz. Took a bit to get all the bags in and then off to our hotel, Sunscapes Resort and Spa. After check-in, we were hungry, but the restaurants were closing down, just the coffee shop was left open for a snack. This is an AI resort, so mostly hung around the pool, ate and drank. Tried the kayak tour but I just do not fit the kayaks, legs cramped and back hurt. I could only paddle lying flat. All I could see were a few hang gliders circling above. We did get off the resort for some meals at our favorite restaurants. I was going through bags like crazy and thought I might run out. What to do. Went to the resort Doctor for help. He found me a supply store. Medimmed in colonial Versalles on Milan 162. About a 15-minute walk. They had some Hollister drainable pouches that fit my flange, 1126.01 pesos for a box of 10 (79.63 CND). See if I can get anything back on my health plan. I usually use closed ones. That was OK I did not want to possibly run out on the plane. Went into the ocean a few times. No problem. Lots of walking and riding buses. On my birthday, we went to Bucerias, a town north of PV, to the Encore restaurant. A nice meal of some very large shrimp with jazz singer/owner, Armi Grano. It was a lovely celebration. Two weeks goes pretty fast. Everyone had a good time. No safety concerns. Packed our bags, got a 2:45 PM flight back, security stopped me on the way out, only used the wand on me, something beeped, no issues. Arrived at +6 C, we left at -20 C and two feet of snow. The chinook is in town.

Puppyluv56

Are there medicine shops along the streets there? I would ask them where some ostomy supply places were. A drug store of any kind. The pharmacist. Good ostomy supplies near me. That usually works. Not sure about in Mexico!

Get some from home on the way in any case if you are going to be there long enough to receive them.

Hope you find some!

Puppyluv

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Puppyluv56

That was supposed to be Google ostomy supplies near me! Lol

xnine

You asked for help and then just disappeared.

Puppyluv56

Hopefully she found the supplies she needed!