Recommendations for Post-Op Pressure Cushion?

Replies
Views
bemused

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good pressure cushion after surgery? I am waiting on a date for total proctocolectomy with permanent ileostomy and just trying to get organized and take my mind off the upcoming surgery!

Many thanks

mild_mannered_super_hero

I can't be of any help on the cushion, but I can wish you good luck with your surgery and recovery :) The waiting is the hard part, I remember it well even though it's been decades.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,444 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

newnormal

The EHOB inflatable waffle cushion is the best! It made life bearable after having my rectum/anus removed. Wishing you the best on upcoming surgery.

Morning glory

Wishing you the best on your upcoming surgery.

Sasquatch

I'll second that, this is the only thing I used after my proctectomy.   My surgeon gave me mine after surgery, didn't cost a dime.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
bemused

Thanks, Mild Mannered, yes the waiting is the hardest part!

bemused

Thanks, new normal. I will take a look.

bemused

Thanks everyone for your input.