Anyone tried Nu-Hope non-stick ostomy bags?

Replies
Views
myyear54

You do need to rinse the area off after using it.

w30bob

Hi myyear54,

I picked up a tube of the O'Keefe's at Walmart last night and used it this morning during my barrier change. As you said, it isn't greasy or oily and fully works its way into the skin and then dries with no residue. I only used a dab, as the instructions state, and I only put it on the skin that's under the barrier adhesive, and not the ring around my stoma. So far so good. I'll start out slow and continue to use it and see if it makes any difference. Will let everyone know how this works.

Thanks,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,482 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

myyear54

So, did it help out any? Just wanted to know.

w30bob

Hi, my,

Well, I've only used it twice so far, the third time will be tomorrow morning, as I change my barrier every other day. So with only two barrier changes under my belt with it, I honestly can't say yet if it's making things better, but it's definitely not making things worse. And if all it does is moisturize the skin that's under the bandage that never sees daylight... that's still a good thing and I'll keep using it. I take photos of each barrier change so I can tell over time if things are getting better or worse. Let me use it for a few weeks and we'll see what the pics say. Now this second time I used it, I used more than just a single blob. I rubbed it in really well and then dried the skin with my hair dryer on low without the heat on. And again, it all got absorbed and didn't leave my skin greasy at all. You just have to give it time to dry fully, which isn't very long.

This website needs "sticky" posts that don't disappear and folks can continue adding to them. If we had such a thing, I'd start one entitled "Skin Remedies" or something like that and have everyone list what works for them. Then when a newbie joins, they can go to the sticky and make a quick list of products to try. That would be way easier than having to remember which post someone said they used something that worked for them. Maybe when the forum gets a makeover. Ummmm... not that I'm saying it should, my dear moderators... you know I love you guys and would NEVER say anything bad about this site. (Wink, wink).

Regards,

Bob