Pancaking

Replies
Views
Boopsegirl

How can you keep the output from doing this? I heard if you put air in the bag it supposedly helps, but not sure. And how would you get the air in there? Thank you in advance for any tips. 

Beachboy

I have a 2 piece system.  Bag snaps onto wafer.  I separate bag seal at the top, grab bag and pull the plastic apart.  Air goes in, then I reseal the bag.

Tricky with a one piece drainable bag.  With a new bag, open drain, pull bag plastic apart, air goes in, close seal.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,600 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

Staying well hydrated  will help with the pancaking. It  would watch eating too many carbs at your meals. 

IGGIE

Add water to your pouch is makes it go soft and slides easy. Regards IGGIE

Teebull
Reply to Beachboy

I drink prune juice daily and take a magnesium supplement by Plexus.  My dr said that was great.  Best thing was to keep the stools softer.  Works good most of the time.  Once in a while I have to drink.more than 8 ounces.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
IGGIE
Reply to Teebull

G-Day Teebull,  You have to be drinking a lot more that 8oz of water, you should be drinking at least 50oz of water a day or you will get dehydrated.  Sorry I just realized you have a Colostomy not an Ileostomy.  Regards IGGIE

Beachboy

As IGGIE mentioned, you don't want to get dehydrated by drinking too little water or hydration drinks.  I have a colostomy.   Became dehydrated last year at work, passed out, smacked my head.  Got a speedway ride by paramedics to the "big house" (hospital).  Learned this:  Water alone is not enough.  Hydration requirements vary during the day/week.  I added hydration drinks (Gatorade Fit and Prime).  Must sip, not chug when drinking.  Can also add hydration powder (cheaper) to water/drinks.  You're doing well with prune juice and mag supplements.  Like my Grand Pappy, Joe Slappy used to say:  "If it works, don't fix it."