Views
Bill
ME AND MY STOMA. (REVIEW) TO THE TUNE ME AND MY SHADOW

ME - AND MY STOMA CRADLE IT LIKE A BABY AND SWAY

ALL ALONE AND FEELING BLUE LOOK DOWNCAST AND SAD

TAP DANCE AND SWIVEL HOLDING

STOMA AS YOUR PARTNER.

ME - AND MY STOMA CRADLE IT AGAIN AND SWAY

NO ONE TO TELL OUR TROUBLES TOO. FEIGN CRYING AND USING TISSUE.

IT GRUMBLES AT ME ALL THE TIME FLAP FINGERS AT IT AS IF IT’S NAGGING

BUT SELDOM DO I SEE THE SLIME PULL FACE AS IF IT’S NASTY

FOR IT WOULD BE A BIGGER DRAG INDICATE THAT IT WOULD BE A MESS

IF IT DID NOT GO IN A BAG. ALL OVER YOURSELF

ME- AND MY STOMA CRADLE IT LIKE A BABY AND SWAY

STUCK TOGETHER - JUST LIKE GLUE. FEIGN TRYING TO PULL IT OFF

ME - AND MY STOMA CRADLE IT LIKE A BABY AND SWAY

BAG’S BUNGED-UP AND FULL OF POOH. HOLD IT LIKE A BALLOON FULL OF WATER

WHEN I GO OUT AND HIT THE TOWN MAKE LIKE YOU’RE DRIVING

I HOPE THAT IT WON’T LET ME DOWN. WAG A WARNING FINGER AT IT

FOR THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE SMELL HOLD YOUR NOSE

FROM WAYWARD SHIT FROM STOMA’S HELL. WAVE HAND OVER STOMA

ME – AND MY STOMAWALK THE WALK

STROLLING DOWN THE AVENUE AROUND AND BACK

ME- AND MY STOMA COVER IT UP

TALKING ABOUT IT’S A TABOO.FINGER TO LIPS --shhh

I’VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT QUITE A LOTTAP THE SIDE OF YOUR HEAD

AND I AM GLAD THAT I HAVE GOTSMILE AND LOOK PLEASED

A WAY TO RID MYSELF OF GROTWAVE AT BACKSIDE

WITHOUT THE NEED TO SIT OR SQUAT.PRETEND TO LIFT TOILET SEAT

ME- AND MY STOMACRADLE IT LIKE A BABY AND SWAY

WE DON’T HOLD WITH BALLYHOO. FLICK HAND AWAY AS IF SHOOING FLY

ME- AND MY STOMAPOINT TO YOURSELF THEN STOMA

WE’RE SO CLOSE IT’S JUST UNTRUE.CRADLE IT LIKE A BABY AND SWAY

THEN WHEN IT’S TIME FOR BEDTWO PRAYING HANDS TO SIDE OF HEAD

WE CLIMB THE STAIRMAKE LIKE CLIMBING STAIRS

‘COS NO-ONE SAID PREGNANT PAUSE AND

THAT LIFE WAS FAIRSHRUG HARD AND LONG

(JUST) ME- AND MY STOMACRADLE IT LIKE A BABY AND SWAY

OTHER FOLKS DON’T HAVE A CLUELOOK LONGINGLY AT STOMA

ME AND MY STOMA CRADLE IT - START TO LOOK WORRIED

MUST NOW GO – WE’RE OVERDUE!! THEN - RUN OFF STAGE

B. Withers 2015

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
To Rosiesmom. Thanks for the idea!Obviously the song is on the left of the page and the stage instructions on the right. If you can get someone to do a duet it would be more effective as the intermediate verses should be done at a quicker tempo than the 'me and my stoma' bits. Best wishes Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Rosiesmom

You are awesome, I could feel Rosie doing her thing. I laughed so hard. All those other sto as are going to be jealous and wanting their own song. Maybe Mr. Rogers is a s----- in the neighborhood. Ha. Thank again, maybe if I can get Rosie a bit tipsy, my daughter-in-law would join in. Keep them coming, Rosiesmom.

Bill
Hello Rosiesmom. It was a pleasure to be distracted by something humorous for a short while as I'm presently half way through my second tome on the subject of 'Bullying'and needed a bit of a break. I really enjoyed the imaginative visualisation of you (and/or others) performing the routine on stage and have subsequently envisaged other ways that it could be made into a stand-up comedy act that could both entertain and inform people about living with a stoma. It's funny how a small idea like this can catch the imagination and trigger renewed enthusiasm for creating ways to entertain and educate. I hope to see you and your daughter in law on youtube soon!! Best wishes Bill
Marilyn

Hello Rosiemom. Thank you for suggesting to Bill the tune to "Me And My Shadow". What an inspired idea you had! And of course, thank you Bill for "Me And My Stoma". I loved singing it, not that I can sing! The words are exactly us. Best wishes from Marilyn.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Bill
Hello Marilyn. Thanks for the post. If it wasn't for people like Rosiesmom coming up with good ideas people like me might be hard pushed to find things to write about. As for the singing - if you look on youtube at the sorts of people that have attempted the original 'me and my shadow' there are very few of them that are accomplished 'singers'. The song and the tune is there to be enjoyed and 'enacted' by ordinary folk rather than 'sung' proficiently. (a bit like 'You'll never walk alone'.) 'Me and my stoma' is the sort of song that could be performed at a stoma conference in a group caroche session. It's the sort of thing we used to do in the end of year student reviews many years ago! Nowadays it'll be one or two brave souls that perform it and post it on the internet.Best wishesBill
Rosiesmom

Hi Marilyn, I too have had a good time singing it, if you can call what I do singing. LOL. I had the idea for ages and thanks to our uber-talented Bill, I can belt it out (only when home alone, of course). Ha. I love it. I love Bill's idea of making it a performance piece, I just don't think I am quite brave enough, YET. I need to teach Rosie her part. Ha. Rosiesmom