OVARIAN CYST

Replies
Views
SpicyRamen01

Hi I have had my stoma for 20 years and when I went in for a stoma revision last year they found an ovarian cyst the size of 6cm. 

I have been having issues with my stoma working and pain in my pelvic area which I was wondering if anybody has had a cyst with a colostomy or ileostomy  at the same time. 

When I google it doesn’t give me much information from having my colostomy currently rather than having my colostomy due to the ovarian issue. 

Kind regards Victoria 

AlexT

Obviously I don’t have any experience with your situation but not every health issue can be blamed on having an ostomy. Hope all goes well for you. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,531 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beth22

I haven't had one since my Ileostomy  because I had a hysterectomy before I had my ileo done.but I have had a total of at least 10 at one point I had 5 cysts sitting on one overy .. also had one that never burst after a year and had to have obe overy removed I will tell you that an ovarian cyst they can cause a lot of pain in the pelvic area and cause horrible cramps especially when they are about to burst. Call you gyno and if the pain gets so intense go to the ER they will do an ultrasound on your lady parts. 

Gemini16

Spicy ramen, love the name!  Most doctors in my case told me that ovarian cysts don’t cause pain but I believe based on my own experience, that isn’t correct for everyone.  Also had fibroids.  Very painful.  Had a hysterectomy last year.  Best thing I ever did.   Feel free to email me if you’d like to talk.

CrappyColon

I only have one ovary left (lost one due to a torsion during my first pregnancy) so I know when I have pain on the one side it is ovulation pain/ovarian cyst.  Trying to remember if I had my ileostomy the last time I had an ultrasound to check for one... What did they do for your 6cm one? Like Beth and Gemini said... they hurt.  If a fluid filled one ruptures that fluid in the pelvic cavity doesn't feel good. I had a colectomy but currently have an IRA (ileorectal anastomosis) and only one ovary left so I don't fit your question criteria per say.  A lot of women in here have had more than one surgery and if one or more of those surgeries have been abdominal...scar tissue can be tricky around the reproductive organs. 

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SpicyRamen01
Reply to CrappyColon

Currently still having tests to make sure it’s benign but recently it’s one of those feelings where I blamed a blockage for the pain but I know it can’t be that. It’s not related to my period either as it started weeks before but it’s just getting worse with eating especially. 

I was told if the cyst was to be removed it would be tricky and the doctor who’s been doing my previous surgery would have to be a part of it. 

The pain comes more on my right but the cyst is actually on the left so maybe it’s referred pain from the cyst. 

SpicyRamen01
Reply to Gemini16

Thank you very much 

SpicyRamen01
Reply to Beth22

Thank you for reaching out, I really appreciate it 

SpicyRamen01
Reply to AlexT

Thank you! It’s hard to find things since I have the stoma so I blame it on my output and stuff like that rather than other possibilities