Eakin Stomawrap: A Game Changer for Larger Stomas

Replies
Views
AlexT

I posted about these a while back and finally got my samples. I just put one on and only had to stretch it a minimal amount instead of stretching my normal rings a lot. I hated stretching the rings out so much that they lost their thickness. Using this StomaWrap keeps the ring's thickness intact. My stoma is 44mm. Might be worth a try for anyone sporting bigger stomas.

Hairdresser

Never heard of them! I'll ask for a sample and see how they are for me. Thanks for the review.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,480 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Homie With A Stomie NS

Alex, please send the link so we can see what you speak of. Please and thank you. Have a great weekend.

Carol N

After constant issues with leakage, I finally found ConvaTec SUR-FIT Natura® Urostomy Pouch with Accuseal® Tap along with the Natura® Moldable Durahesive® Skin Barrier with Acrylic Flexible Collar. The flexible collar is almost like a turtleneck for your stoma. I started using this last month and haven't had any leaks since. Before, my Coloplast would only last 2 to 3 days and these are lasting me 4 to 5 days. I love them!

Axl

https://www.eakin.eu/new-product-launch-cohesive-stomawrap/

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT

Thanks for showing the link, Axl.

Ben38

Are they any better than the original Eakin ones? I was using those ones 30 years ago. They were a pain in the butt when it came to removing them. Used to take forever in the day to remove all the residue left behind.

AlexT
Reply to Ben38

Not sure yet as I just put it on yesterday but they do say they're the same as their rings, just bigger and open so it's easier to go around your stoma.

gentlejohn

This looks like a one-piece barrier extender. Ostomy care is an art. Try it. If it works, use it. Personally, I take a thin ring, cut it, and put it around my ileostomy, then apply the barrier.