How to thicken out put in bag

Replies
Views
Calat4

I have just had a 2nd Stoma surgery, and I am having a hard time keeping out put thick and stable any ideas. 

Dharms

Hi

1. Marshmallows

2. Riped Bananas (maybe half as you don't want a blockage) 

3. Boiled Rice and 

4. Cheese cracker biscuits thickens my output. 

Good luck! 

Regards

Dharms 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

This should help.

Kimmy050263

My first and only surgery, I found at first that my output was very watery.  Always watery at first.  Gradually changed as time went on.  I will say, 2 months later, mornings are always watery, than gradually change to mushy. 

Heppy8

There are lists of things out there I eat blocks of undeserved jelly I think you would call it jello? The main thing is it has a high level of gelatine in it. 

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Beachboy

For my colostomy... popcorn.   Results in thick, heavy output.  So thick I can barely empty the bag.  A small tub does the trick.  Yummy too 

choc2206

The surgeon told me jelly sweets, the first month was liquid for me,then things got better 👍

infinitycastle52777

Pumpkin. Squash. Iron tablets. Peanut butter. Bread. Marshmallows. Butternut squash soup. Rice crispy treats. 

Heypooch
Reply to choc2206

Hi. Can you give an example of jelly sweets?

choc2206

Hi , Maynard's wine gums

Downtown

Lots of interesting ideas!  For me it's carbs, if I eat carb-heavy my output is thicker.  When I go low-carb, which I do a lot, it's all liquid.

IGGIE

Cement. 

Kimmy050263

I prefer liquidy, last change, based on a recommedation here we put baby oil in the bag.  Stuff just spilled out, even the mushy stuff!  My output has always varied though. Usually time of day.  Evenings is more mushy, mornings usually pure liquid.

JVM261

Boil plantains and potatoes always do it. Rice.