Finally, Jeans That Fit! Wrangler Five Star Premium Denim Relaxed Fit Jeans

Replies
Views
GraphX12

To all who have problems wearing jeans:

It has been 3 years since my ileostomy surgery, and I have fought the battle of blue jeans ever since. I loathe cooler/cold weather because shorts are so much more comfortable than blue jeans (and summers in Wisconsin are soooo short). I have tried so many different makes and models of jeans that I had just about given up trying to find some that are bearable. The rise is always too short, so the waistband always "crunches" my stoma. There was never enough room for my bag to comfortably fit and expand when needed. I have tried relaxed fit, loose fit, baggy fit, brand X, Y, Z - you name it, I tried it. That is until I happened to try on a pair of Wrangler Five Star Premium Denim Relaxed Fit Jeans (specific model number 97601SB).

I want to say up front that I am in NO WAY affiliated with Wrangler; I just want to help anyone out there who has had to go through what I have in trying to find jeans that are comfortable yet still look "stylish" (no farmer coveralls for this guy – no offense intended to all our wonderful farmers out there).

I honestly wasn't even going to try the Wrangler jeans on since I was certain they would be like all the rest. But once I put them on and sat, stooped, bent over, twisted, and did everything but stand on my head, I almost broke down in tears because they fit so well and comfortably. The company claims these jeans have some sort of U-shaped design in the crotch area to give more room. I thought this was just an advertising gimmick. NOT AT ALL! It really works! The crotch area is so much roomier than any others I have tried, and the rise comfortably "rises" above my stoma. Yet they look very good and stylish.

So if anybody has trouble with jeans like I have, I urge you to at least try a pair of these Wranglers on and see if they work for you. I am so very happy with these that I actually wrote a letter to Wrangler explaining my dilemma and the many people that probably suffer the same problem, and how happy I am to finally find and try on a pair of their jeans.

-Doug

Mrs.A

Interesting, I think I will search to see if they are sold in a store near me. I don't like the way jeans fit either. Thanks for the news.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,431 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

restless

Hello from Bloomington, IL (just a few hours down I-39). Thanks for this information! Can you tell me if you found these Wranglers at a particular store, like at a Kohl's or similar source? That information could save me a lot of time in looking. Thanks again, and glad you found an answer that works for you.

GraphX12

Hello from a former Illinoisan! (Born and raised in the Quad Cities).

Yes, they are readily available at Walmart. The best part, just over 16 bucks! Go Bears!

restless

Thanks, Doug! I appreciate the quick response.

I've experienced the same dilemmas with rise, room, and comfort. Hopefully, this will nail it, for jeans at least! It's even hard to shop online because most manufacturers/retailers do not list the rise measurement at all.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
GraphX12

I am so glad I could help at least 1 person! I know exactly what you mean about shopping online. Forget it! Gotta' try them on. Can't tell you how many pairs of jeans I have returned since they just wouldn't work for me.

The center of my stoma is about 2 inches lower than my navel (off to the right side). This puts my stoma at, or just above the waistband of every other pair of jeans I have tried. With the Wranglers, I have ample rise room to get the waist above my stoma which is so much more comfortable, and prevents the "pancaking" from the waistband compressing the bag below the stoma. With the added room of the U-shaped design, I now have plenty of room for the bag. The jeans really do look good too.

Now Wrangler does make a number of different "models" and the only one I have tried is the one I mentioned in my posting above. So I don't know how the others fit. The model number 97601SB works for me!

Good luck restless and please report back on what you find out.

Firefly

Are these also made for women?

GraphX12

I really don't know. I do know the ads on TV are directed towards men. Check out the Wrangler website and see what they offer. You could also email their customer service from their site and ask. You may want to try the men's and see how they fit, or see if there is something comparable in the women's department. I believe the U-shape design is made for "the men's anatomy" . My wife is so tiny that I do know that she would not be able to find a pair of jeans small enough to fit her in the men's department. But, depending on your size, who knows?

Ewesful

I can't speak for the male fit, but I am wearing Lee Riders and LL Bean with some elastic and they are very comfortable -- I am 2 years post surgery and so glad to have a figure again even at my age!!

It takes time for everything to settle and feel right!

GraphX12

Glad you have found comfortable ones, Ewesful. When you look good, you usually feel good, or at least better .

As for me, Lee's are one of the worst offenders in the rise department.

hwatkins

Successful, where did you purchase the LL Bean brand? BTW, I liked the Lee brand even before the ostomy.

Thanks!

ZaliBee

I'm only 8 years into life with my ostomy but I swear by a company named Torrid. I was so sick of stretch pants, maternity pants, and those awful jean-like jeggings. Torrid jeans are cut for women with fuller figures sized 10-30, but I found that they are cut with more room in the waist. I usually get their skinny jeans and the waistband never strangled my ostomy. Btw, you can even order them online.

Taitaguy

Hi,

I haven't worn jeans for the same reasons as most for over 5 years and it would be great to use them again...

I'm in New Zealand and our choices are very limited and I would appreciate if you could provide the Wrangler type or a link to an example so I can order online.

Cheers

Robin

Little Red

Hey you gals out there that are looking for jeans, I have a colostomy on my left side just below my waistline. I have tried several brands of jeans and find that styles and colors are great in Gloria Vanderbilt (Amanda) stretch jeans in colors and designs. They can be a little pricey unless on sale, but well worth it. Several retailers carry them, Farm and Fleet for one. And hey you gals out there, I am also a Cheesehead living in Northern IL. Soon to be moving come spring to Iowa (Quad Cities/LeClaire.

I love the Mississippi.

looking forward

Hi, I also use stretch or elastic waist jeans much like leggings. Very comfortable and lightweight.

Paddy2248

Doug,

I wear jeans almost exclusively. I have to wear suspenders to prevent cutting off my stomach bag. I have to buy one waist size bigger than normal. They are a little baggy but serve the purpose.

Paddy

Byablow

Hi, I'm a new member. My name is Barry.

I enjoyed your article on jeans and want to know specifically how you measured prior to buying the jeans. Thank you, Barry.