Ostomy bag spotting

Replies
Views
Milhouse04

I wear a clear transparent ostomy bag and have started to notice a white freckled substance spotting the inside of my bag. Is this bacteria? Possibly from something I'm consuming?  I don't want this to cause an infection so I'm going to change it out, its probably been about 4 days.

Happy-but-Newbie

could also be mucus...

I don't wear transparent ones because I would be wondering and worrying all the time ehehhe

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe

I wear a clear bag as well - do you wear a barrier ring?  I have notice from time to time if the barrier ring is not tightly adhered to wax,  pieces will break off and fall into a bag - sounds kinda like what you are describing.  jb

infinitycastle52777

Could also be a medication you are taking. When I took magnesium in a pill form it used to come out as a white powdery substance in my bag. I switched to liquid magnesium and the problem went away. But it could be a medication that is not being absorbed.

Justbreathe
Reply to infinitycastle52777

Good point….

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Milhouse04

Interesting I do take Prozac for anxiety in pill form. I didn't think about mucus I guess that too could be the reason 

warrior

what you spotted there friend,   is a UFO- 🛸📡

.UNIDENTIFIED 

FREAKING

OBJECT.

hope u get it sorted.  can u get it analyzed by  your PCP?? lab?