Rectal Pain in Permanent Ileostomy Patients

Replies
Views
Hope Filled
Mar 12, 2024 12:05 pm

I'm wondering how many permanent ileostomy patients suffer from severe rectal pain? The pain internally where the rectal stump is left? I have suffered for 3 years with debilitating internal rectal pain.

IGGIE
Mar 12, 2024 12:26 pm

G-Day Hope, have you considered having your rectal stump removed and getting a Barbie Butt? I don't know if this is OK for your situation, but I would go have a talk with your surgeon. Regards, IGGIE

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beth22
Mar 12, 2024 2:28 pm

Hi there,

I did. I had my stump removed but left my anus, but I was never able to pass the mucus or slough. I have very, very severe pelvic floor dysfunction, so my stump had to be removed on account of nothing ever coming out, and it got stuck and built up so badly.

Are you able to pass mucus?

Justbreathe
Mar 12, 2024 4:36 pm

Ouch! I have an ileostomy and never experienced any rectal pain (knock on wood), but pain is something that would cause me to seek information - good choice seeking information here! You've come to the right place for starters. Learn as much as you can - then seek the best recommendations for a surgeon. You will receive many comments, and a variety of experiences will be shared in your search. Arm yourself with questions (don't forget Google), and ONLY YOU should make the final choices/decisions. Best wishes - get answers and help, and hopefully, you can move forward and will feel better soon!

warrior
Mar 12, 2024 9:34 pm

Perm ilio here after waiting 7 years to reconnect to stump had been done in 2023.

In my case, even with a large colon diseased and toxic, it was removed in 2016. We waited to control mucus output for those 7 years. Crazy, right?

Didn't happen. Crohn's present in stump.

There was never pain from the stump.

Leakage, yes. Blood, yes. Proctitis, yes.

Pain? Never should have pain from a stump.

Get that thing checked. You may have something more serious going on in a non-functional organ like that.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister