Opinions on NoNo Hair Removal for Stoma Hair?

Replies
Views
boss

Has anyone looked into the product called NoNo for removing hair around your stoma??

Bill
No -no! I just shave when it starts to become a problem

Best wqishes

Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

WOUNDED DOE

Oh please don't try that.......perhaps some have given it a go out there BUT I personally know two men who tried that to rid their tummy hair around their stoma and where the pouch tape needs to go and it was a painful burning disaster, they spoke openly about it to a group and the ET nurse ended up needing to try to help them, they said they will never use that again,......that idea is highly not recommended.......really had very bad skin irritation and sores from doing so I hope you don't try it, but if you do please do be careful.........our nurse does not advise the use of it at all...............careful dear.

boss

Thank you, I won't try it then. Thanks again.

richard1
Hello Bill,

What method of shaving do you use?

I find the sideburn trimmer on my electric razor does a good job. Hairs very close to the stoma can be dealt with using a small pair of curved scissors with the scissor tips pointing away from the stoma.

Richard (Norwich)

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
kbd

I use an electric razor with the three rotating heads. I have to clean it regularly because it gets gunked up. I use curved scissors to carefully trim hair from around the stoma.
KBD

Past Member

I have enjoyed the hair issues. That was a new one for me. I have almost no body hair and 'knew' only Navajo while I lived on the reservation ... NO hair. So I am a novice with hair issues. Hair or no hair - just different and a few different issues to learn about. I learned a lot. I guess I haven't seen enough naked men lately to think about such things. No, that isn't a request - only a comment. Thanks.

MarkP

I was advised to use a new disposable razor each time.

kbd

These stomas bleed so easily it makes me paranoid to use a regular razor around it, that is why I use the electric. I think the stubble under the wafer causes it to itch.
KBD

Past Member

Strange place to respond. 'Hair'. ?? I have enjoyed all your posts. This post seemed most recent. Just want to say greetings. Some of my favorite people are Pagans, lived with a wolf for a few years and other things in your profile sparked my interest. Lots of common ground. Not the 'looking for relationship'. Married 28 years- divorced 23. Also limited in how I can respond. Just recognizing a kindred spirit. Good to know you are around. More than you would ever want to know on my blog. May you thrive. Blessed be.

eastexasrn

You can buy wax strips with the women's shaving stuff. They are really for eyebrows or come in a larger size (bigger sections) for bikini areas. You only have to pull apart the sheets (each side has some sticky "wax" treated substance) and stick it on. You leave it on for only about 30 seconds, so it would be more feasible to use other than, say, a depilatory cream which you must leave on for 5 minutes. Then, you pull it off. I have never had a reaction from these on my eyebrows, so it would probably be okay for the belly. Worth a try, and it lasts longer than shaving without the stubble. Best of luck!

Bill
Hello Richard1.

Sorry about the delay in replying - I rely on the notifications system to inform me of any need to reply and this didn't happen in this case.

I use a Mach3 wet razor and have no problems at all.

Best wishes

Bill
SA

Funny you mention the hair around the stoma. There never used to be hair like that anywhere on my stomach - so I've come to the conclusion that anything grows where there is manure.

Bill
Hello Richard 1.  I have used various methods of shaving including a cut-throat  which has the great advantage of not clogging up. However it has the distinct disadvantage of being the most likely to nick the skin.   I find that the one-use razors do clog up and are almost as likely to nick the skin as the cut-throat. My preference is for Mach3 as it has not posed the 'nicking' problem so far. However, it does clog up if there is any residue of adhesive on the skin. I therefore only use the blades that I am about to throw away anyway.

Best wishes

Bill