Back Massage Experiences?

Replies
Views
Family12

I was just wondering, has anyone ever had a massage done with their back? I was thinking of doing something nice for myself and thinking of a massage.

Anoniem18

Ask the massage parlour for a pregnancy bed, or bring some small pillows. Don't have a heavy meal several hours before. Otherwise, you should be fine. Oh, and bring a bottle of wine!
Enjoy,
Ed

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,470 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovinlife

I get one about every year and I call them to make sure there is someone who can do a massage with someone with an ileostomy. Go get a massage....you deserve it!!

Past Member

Hi
Yes, I have had a few massages since I also have severe lower back spasms from prednisone side effects. Just make sure you empty your bag prior and eat light, and you should have no problem. I don't even tell the massage place, and they never saw or noticed since it's under the cover. Enjoy!! You deserve it.

Past Member

The massage therapist didn't even know I had a stoma. I ate light the night before and stripped down to just my underpants. Then I laid on my stomach and called her in. I put the sheet over myself when I rolled over and there was nothing visible. She was very discreet, covering each limb with the sheet after massaging it. It was wonderful. Go, relax, you deserve it. Loretta

P.S. They usually ask if there are any areas you want avoided and I told them "my stomach. I have been having some minor cramping". The good ones also tell you to only take off as many clothes as you are comfortable with. If they don't make this statement, tell them you will be leaving your underwear on. Hmmm, think I'll make an appointment tomorrow. Sounds good!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
nikkib

Hello, yes, I have treated myself to a massage with the bag. Enjoy! I wasn't aware that there was a pregnant table that you could request? Thank you for the information.