Experiences with BCIR surgery?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Clockman

Anyone have a BCIR? Barnes Continent Internal Reservoir?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Penguins7

Clockman, I looked into it a few years back but it seems too risky, costly, and a long recovery. Boy, wouldn't we all like to ditch the exterior bag! Good luck with your journey. Stay well. Penguins7

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
w30bob

Clockman,

That was discussed pretty in-depth a few months back. Don't recall the topic titles, but I remember there were lots of posts and subsequent interest. Try using the wacky search, and I'll look later myself to see if I can find them.

Regards,

Bob

Bill

Hello Clockman.

I found one past post in 'collections -premium content – ostomy surgery and procedures’. The title of the post is: BCIR procedure posted by Roxy Jun 02, 2012 - Oct 29, 2012
Best wishes
Bill

Clockman

I've had one for eight years now, one surgical revision, and would do it again. No comparison in quality of life. Drawback: not everyone has this choice. But certainly worth looking into. Thanks for your kind words. Good luck on your journey as well. My suggestion to everyone is: do you have a good attitude, be patient, and deal with things as they come. I think all surgeries have complications that deal with the medical issues that we have all dealt with, just gotta roll with it.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Penguins7

I would like to hear more about the BCIR. How often do you employ?

Clockman

3-4 per day

w30bob

Hi Bill,

I recall we discussed it this summer sometime, but we didn't use the acronym BCIR... I'll look later and see if I can find it.

Regards,

Bob

Bill

Hello Bob. That's great idea, to try to find it! I don't find it very easy on this site to find relevant past posts as I trawl through collections sections. It would be more helpful if there was a 'find' procedure whereby a  word or phrase would take us to the relevant posts.

Best wishes

and happy searching

Bill

Roch!!

I started to look into the BCIR many years ago (even wrote on here too regarding the BCIR) and from then until now still wishing to be able to get this procedure done, but not sure if I'm able to as I have Crohn's Disease. Now as I am also getting older, not sure if this is worth taking the risks...??? 

Just getting fed up with paying for consultation and really getting no true answers too! 

Good luck though and keep us posted on things. 

Rochelle.