Excited to Go Home & Reunite with Pets!

Replies
Views
currentsitguy

They've taken me off the IV and have advanced me to a plain old low-fiber diet. I think at this point it's a matter of eating real food to make sure I don't get nauseated and to wait for the discharge orders tomorrow morning. Can't wait to get home and see the dog and cats. My wife tells me they are searching the whole house for me.

As for using the toilet, I have found it seems I have retained the ability to differentiate between solid and gas. When I have to actually go in, which has been somewhat frequent today, which is not unexpected, it's not a desperate rush. Things are a little on the loose side, but not actual liquid or explosive or anything.

The dietician was in earlier to give me a few pointers. Supposedly, I can transition out of any dietary restrictions over the next few weeks unless I find some foods screw me up. I suppose that will take some experimentation. I've found things are a bit sore down there. This cheap hospital TP is not helping. My wife is bringing some decent stuff shortly.

iMacG5

Thanks for the good news, Guy.  Please share more when you're ready.

Respectfully,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,473 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Why you big pooping machine...........I told you so! Make sure you tip the nurses well or at least promise to send the floor some new picture puzzles for the common area. Seriously, great news.........you'll sleep good tonight!

Regards,

Bob

Puppyluv56

Congrats on the successful reversal! Does my heart good to hear the great news! Keep it up!
Pup!

currentsitguy

Sleep well? In a hospital bed? That's funny. Seriously though, I can take one more night of lousy sleep to get home.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
lovely

That is great news. Hope you continue to heal. I know you will be happy to get home. Best wishes.

Past Member

Hey there currentsitguy,

Yes, best wishes indeed. It's always great to hear someone getting reconnected. Hope you heal well and experience some normality again.

Mtnman

Bagface

Currentsitguy - Great news! Keep us posted!

britathrt60

Great news, currents... Very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ange

wiljpeters

That's fantastic to hear!!! Just take your time and learn what foods trigger less than optimal outcomes :) Don't worry if you have to take Imodium or Lomotil (in my case both!). I also recommend getting the flushable wipes. They really help with "tenderness" if you have to go more often. Best of luck and you've got this!!

Bagface

Ditto on the flushable wipes. Also, Desitin ointment.

currentsitguy

The wipes idea may work. Unfortunately, I'm on a well and septic, so I'll have to figure out an alternative disposal system.

The first 24 hours was, shall we say, frequent. The surgeon assures me this will subside, we'll see. It's way too soon to make any real predictions based on that.

currentsitguy

Yeah, got the Desitin. I've gotten rather adept already at "buttering my butt."