Excited for Ostomy Reversal Surgery - Life Changing!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses experiences and advice related to ostomy reversal surgery, offering support and insights for those anticipating this life-changing procedure.
Inspired47

I got the great news yesterday that my ostomy reversal surgery is scheduled for March 10th! The doctor said that I should be good as new in about 2 months after the surgery and my scar on my stomach

will fade. I said "That's ok. I'm excited to get my life back. And you know what Evel Knievel says about scars? "Bones heal, pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!"

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,094 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Tickpol

I remember counting the days down to when my first ostomy was reversed... It'll go by too slow and then all of a sudden the days fly.

Who needs tattoos when you have scars!?!

Dave

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lovely

H[Inspired47], happy for you that you can get a reversal. I wish you all the best, please keep us informed as it may help others.

Puppyluv56

Congrats Inspires,

Nothing like returning to your old normal! Yay!!!
I am sure all will go well! Please keep us informed.

We love hearing success stories!
Puppy

britathrt60

Congrats, Inspired.

Yay! So glad you got the good news.

You will be glad to get back to normal.

Ange.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Newbeee

That is wonderful news!!! I am hoping to get the same news next week and get my reversal scheduled in March also.

currentsitguy

My wife is only half-jokingly urging me to have a zipper tattooed down my scar!

currentsitguy

Considering they turn us into a human Operation Board, it better look good! ;)

Operation!

warrior

Check it out! It's Bob!!  Holy cow.  I wonder if he gets a kickback for the red nose?