Irritation

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Daanders

I am still having some trouble with skin under Eakin Sea. I was told to try Zincofax for diaper rash as long as it had 40% zinc. I changed the bag last night and it's not getting better. So I went and bought the cream. Now, I have to wait for answers before the next change. Before I try it, I'm hoping for some good suggestions.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,092 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bob1022

I had some issues after 2 months. I used the Puddie stuff after a shower on top of the barrier to make a good seal around the stoma so no poop could get to my skin. Wish you the best.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Daanders

Thanks

lovely

I don't use any seals but I have gotten in touch with Hollister about other problems and they were very helpful. A lot of people have ostomy nurses they see about problems. Good luck

royalrosepdx

I use barrier rings if I am having skin problems. There are no sting wipes, they leave a bit of a film like a topical seal on the irritated part of the skin.

I put the barrier ring on the sticky part of my pouch, smooth it over the hole to the stoma, use the barrier wipes on the skin. Allow for the barrier ring to almost melt on your skin once you put your pouch on so that it will bond to your skin. I usually get relief by the next bag change.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister