Amoxicillin

In this discussion
Replies
Views
MOST52

I recently had an RX for Amoxicillin for bacteria in a urine sample. Fifteen were taken over five days. I noticed that my ileo was behaving much better. Stoma noise is almost nonexistent. No gas or bloating. Wonder if anyone else has had this experience? What is the magic ingredient?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

she76wolf

That's quite interesting. I've never noticed a change, but I can't remember the last time I took the meds either. My stoma usually doesn't make noise. Every blue moon it may say something, but other than that it keeps quiet. Hopefully someone else can have some better input for you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lovely

I have taken Amoxicillin and several others and have not seen a difference, but I have a colostomy. Sometimes it also depends on your diet.

w30bob

Hi MOST,

There are studies that show the family of antibiotics that Amoxi belongs to can sometimes reduce gas and bloating. It's basically killing the gut flora, both good and bad, so it makes sense that if you have a lot of bad... it could calm things down.

Regards,

Bob

Past Member

Amoxicillin is a no-go for me. I get very, very liquid output. About 4 full bags an hour. Had to stop after 4 days because I got dehydrated.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister