Seeking Ostomates in Michigan/Ohio Area for Friendship and More

Replies
Views
Little Giant

Hello. I live in Michigan close to Ohio, specifically Toledo, Ohio. I was wondering if there were any ostomates living in my area, which is Lambertville, Michigan, close to Toledo, Ohio. Or if there is anybody in Toledo, Ohio. I am looking to meet someone, a single male, who might be interested in becoming friends, a companion, etc. I am 67 years young and I have been widowed for 4 years now. I love country music and sometimes I will play my guitar and sing, although I am a little rusty. I enjoy holding hands and taking walks and appreciate a good sense of humor, which I think I do have also, but sometimes you might wonder. LOL. If there is anyone that might be interested, drop me a line. Hope you had a happy Easter and remembered what this day was truly about. I will wait to see if I hear from anyone before I go into further detail about myself. Looking forward to hearing from someone.

w30bob

Hi Little,

Have you tried doing a search (friendship or relationship) under the "Find Members" tab at the top of the page? You can search by state to see who's close, as there aren't that many folks in the database.

Regards,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Little Giant

No, I don't think I have tried that. I did feel kind of funny putting that out there. Thank you for the tip. I will go check. Hope you had a happy Easter. It was kind of a gloomy day here.

Little Giant

Well, I just tried that and it says there's nothing in the database. Like you said. I guess not that many people want to put themselves out there, but I would prefer to find someone in my own area. That was very nice of you to send me a note. I do belong to this group but did not use it for a very long time, but have been using it a little bit more often now. I feel kind of awkward doing it. Not something I have done before. My husband passed away four years ago and I lost my son, and my girlfriend said to put myself out there. Like a turtle. Stick my neck out. Lol. So that is what I'm doing, although it is not in the norm for me. Thank you

Cplumber

You might be doing something wrong.

I did a general search for males 62 - 68 in Michigan and it came up with 20 guys.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
w30bob

Hi Little,

I checked "Relationships" for any guys in Toledo. I opened up your age criteria just a bit to 60 to 75 and there is one guy in Toledo named Rick. Then I just did a "General Member Search" for guys in Toledo and found 6 guys in your age range. Some people only select "Friendship" when they register, which I take to mean they want to take it slow.........but we all know how those things go if you guys really like each other.......so those folks are worth contacting too. If you have any more trouble searching........just let me know.

Regards,

Bob

Little Giant

How do I find what you found? Or do I have to do my whole profile over again to extend the age?

w30bob

Hi Little,

Ok......click on Find Members in the row at the top of the page.

Then click on Friendship Search.

Then search for Male

Age 60

To 75

Country United States

State/Province - Ohio

City/Town - Toledo

Hit Search

This yields 3 guys in your age range in Toledo

To do the General Member search you just click General Membership under the Find Members tab at the top of page. Yes, you have to re-enter the choices for each row in the search again.......but it just takes a second.........and brings up 5 guys in Toledo. 4 of the 5 didn't post pics.......but you can get them to send you some if they're interested.

Enjoy!

Bob

Cplumber

If you do what Bob says except

put Michigan instead of Ohio

and don't enter a city

you will get six

Little Giant

Ok. I'll try that. I do thank you for all the tips, but I just want you to know I am not desperate. I won't just take anyone just to be finding someone. I have been long out of this game for quite a long time, and never actually have I been on a dating site or looked for anyone. But if it's supposed to be, it will be. I thank you for all your help, and we will see what we will see. I know it's late again. I need to shut this darn phone off and try to sleep. Take care and stay safe.

Little Giant

Ok, I will try that. I have posted so many times it's making myself look like I'm some kind of desperate crazy woman. That is not the case. There is no rush on this, and pictures are always nice, but it's what a person is on the inside, not so much how they look. Of course, that always helps, but not a priority in my eyes. Thank you for your advice. Take care and stay safe.

Cplumber

Yeah. This is a tough site for dating. I have sent so many messages to gals just trying to be nice and start conversations, only to be ghosted 99.9% of the time. Could just be a Minnesota thing.

So good luck.

w30bob

Hi Little,

Oh, I sure wasn't implying any desperation on your part, I was just letting you know how many I found because of what Cplumber said above. Many, if not most, of the profiles on here are ghosts. Those ostomates have either moved on with their lives, died or only check in very infrequently. So just finding someone in your area requires as wide a net as possible. Where it goes from there falls prey to the same pitfalls as all online dating.

We talked about people putting a date on their profile and then updating it yearly or so......otherwise we're guilty of the same thing as the ghosts. People always write in their profiles "I was operated on in June and here I am.......". Well.......WHAT YEAR? I just assume if someone hasn't been online recently (and when you look at someone's profile it tells you when they were last online) that they're long gone! One way or the other.

So good luck..........and don't forget the other ostomy dating site...........ostodate.com. Almost all the folks here are also over there, and a few more. Seems that site is more about relationships, and not discussion.

Regards,

Bob

Little Giant

No worries, Bob. I knew you were not doing that. Lol. It's me. I just got done writing you a very long nice letter and when I hit submit, I guess it didn't go through? Said error. Maybe it's because I wasn't logged on. I know about Ostodate, and filled out some questions on the page, then hit the Join button. My gosh. That has been 3 months ago or longer, and every time, I can find it, and go back to it, it still says my membership is pending?? What the?   Is that on Facebook, or a separate group altogether? If you have a link to it, will you please send it to me? Thank you. One more question. Other people on here cannot see our emails, can they? I'm a paid member, are you? I hate to have to keep logging into this site, every time I want to look around or talk to someone. I guess I'm getting impatient in my golden years. So the golden years. I have made up my mind, I'm not getting old! Gonna live in a Peter Pan world the rest of my God-given days, LOLOLOLOL      Take care, pay, and stay safe!!

w30bob

Hi Little,

No, Ostodate is not on Facebook... it's a separate website. The web address is www.ostodate.com. I'm not sure what device you're on, but my tablet automatically fills in my username and password and I just have to hit "Join". Then as long as I don't close my browser completely it always logs me in automatically. Maybe someone a little better with computers can help you with saving your usernames and passwords. For your Ostodate account, I'd try re-registering, and if you have a problem, send their moderators a note. Private messages (PM's) can only be seen by the author and the recipient, and the moderators of course. Blogs and forum posts (like this one) can be seen by everyone, including members who have not paid. I am not a paid member... I keep getting full member privileges each month by being one of the top 10 posters of the month.

Regards,

Bob