Opinions on Stoma Tuck bag holder?

Replies
Views
bryancohnracing

Does anyone have any experience using the Stoma Tuck bag holder and if so, positives and negatives?

Here is a link to the device: https://www.stomatuck.com/theproduct

I'm tempted to give it a go as it's only $50 but at the same time I've spent a fair bit over the last 5 years on various things to try and make my active life easier, some with success, some not so much.

Thanks gang!

Bryan

kmedup

Hi Bryan,

I have never seen that product before. It looks like a great idea, so thanks for bringing it to our attention. Maybe someone from this site has purchased it and would give a review. I would be interested as well. Karen

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,380 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi Bryan,

Never tried it (wasn't even aware of it.....seems it's like that with most ostomy products for me). If you have high output I can see it being a problem. If you have a controlled output, meaning you kind of know when and how much....I could see it being useful. The issue is the shape your bag takes is different if it's just out there and if it's being held against your leg by this clip and your pants. When your bag hangs outside your pants and fills up say half way......it'll have a significant bulge to it. Now if you take that same half full bag and press it against your leg like your pants would do if it was tucked in....that output moves up, because it has to go somewhere as you make one dimension smaller. So if you use that clip and your pants keep the bag fairly close to your leg...you'd need to keep a constant eye on it to make sure it doesn't overfill and pop your barrier off. Then on the other end of the spectrum, i.e. colostomy....the clip is forming a narrow opening that firmer output might not want to go through.......resulting in a lot less usable bag volume. And if you're not paying attention would again result in popping off your barrier. So like Goldilocks.....the middle osto-bear could probably use this clip just fine. But like I said.........I never tried it, so I'm speaking from only observing it and not actual usage. Which makes my comments about as worthless as tits on a bull.

Regards,

Bob

kmedup

Wow, that is an engineer's analysis!  Way to 'splain, K.

lovely

Here is a site I found about the stoma tuck. It has a lot of good information. It has a video and a lot of his experience when he tried it for six months further down the page. He tells all the problems he had with it. Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Sorry, I forgot to post the site. https://www.veganostomy.ca/stomatuck-review/

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
bryancohnracing

Thank you for the link to this review, it will really help me in deciding to try one out or not!

Bryan

iMacG5

So I'm a guy and I wear T-shirts.  I put "pockets" inside all those T-shirts to kinda hold the bag in place.  It's not a great tailoring venture.  I just cut up an old shirt, shape it to fit and use the iron-on glue to place it at the bottom of the T.  Works for me.

M ike

spyke5

Hi there, I have been hiding in the background just reading all I can. New to everything as of April 1, so still don't even know what questions to even ask, but I did watch the Veganostomy videos on YouTube and got a stealth belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knZIOIayx84 I'm really liking it, but only have been using it for a month. I have a colostomy if that adds to the mix. Mark

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk1dk0IkGD0

w30bob

Hi spyke5......welcome to the team! Now suit up and get ready to play!

;0)

Bob

spyke5

I am sure I'll slowly chime in.

Mark

Puppyluv56

Haha Bob, you are such the welcome wagon! I love it!  
Pup