Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 21,023 members

Has anyone used the Stoma Tuck bag holder

Posted by bryancohnracing, on Sun May 24, 2020 9:20 am

Does anyone have any experience using the Stoma Tuck bag holder and if so, positives and nagatives? 

Here is a link to the device: https://www.stomatuck.com/theproduct

I'm tempted to give it a go as its only $50 but at the same time I've spent a fair bit over the last 5 years on various things to try and make  my active life easier, some with success, some not so much. 

Thanks Gang!

Bryan

Reply by kmedup, on Sun May 24, 2020 10:46 am

Hi Bryan,

I have never seen that product before. It looks like a great idea so thanks for bringing it to our attention. Maybe someone from this site has purchased it and would give a review. I would be interested as well. Karen



Last edited by kmedup on Sun May 24, 2020 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply by w30bob, on Sun May 24, 2020 1:15 pm

Hi Bryan,

  Never tried it (wasn't even aware of it.....seems it's like that with most ostomy products for me).  If you have high output I can see it being a problem.  If you have a controlled output, meaning you kind of know when and how much....I could see it being useful.  The issue is the shape your bag takes is different if it's just out there and if it's being held against your leg by this clip and your pants. When your bag hangs outside your pants and fills up say half way......it'll have a significant bulge to it.  Now if you take that same half full bag and press it against your leg like your pants would do if it was tucked in....that output moves up, because  it has to go somewhere as you make one dimension smaller.  So if you use that clip and your pants keep the bag fairly close to your leg...you'd need to keep a constant eye on it to make sure it doesn't overfill and pop your barrier off.  Then on the other end of the spectrum, ie colostomy....the clip is forming a narrow opening that firmer output might not want to go thru.......resulting in a lot less useable bag volume.  And if you're not paying attentiong would again result in popping off your barrier.  So like Goldilocks.....the middle osto-bear could probably use this clip just fine.  But like I said.........I never tried it, so I'm speaking from only observing it and not actually usage.  Which makes my comments about as worthless as tits on a bull.   

regards,

bob

Reply by kmedup, on Sun May 24, 2020 4:03 pm
w30bob wrote:

Hi Bryan,

  Never tried it (wasn't even aware of it.....seems it's like that with most ostomy products for me).  If you have high output I can see it being a problem.  If you have a controlled output, meaning you kind of know when and how much....I could see it being useful.  The issue is the shape your bag takes is different if it's just out there and if it's being held against your leg by this clip and your pants. When your bag hangs outside your pants and fills up say half way......it'll have a significant bulge to it.  Now if you take that same half full bag and press it against your leg like your pants would do if it was tucked in....that output moves up, because  it has to go somewhere as you make one dimension smaller.  So if you use that clip and your pants keep the bag fairly close to your leg...you'd need to keep a constant eye on it to make sure it doesn't overfill and pop your barrier off.  Then on the other end of the spectrum, ie colostomy....the clip is forming a narrow opening that firmer output might not want to go thru.......resulting in a lot less useable bag volume.  And if you're not paying attentiong would again result in popping off your barrier.  So like Goldilocks.....the middle osto-bear could probably use this clip just fine.  But like I said.........I never tried it, so I'm speaking from only observing it and not actually usage.  Which makes my comments about as worthless as tits on a bull.   

regards,

bob

Wow, that is an engineer's analysis!  Way to 'splain, K.

Reply by lovely, on Sun May 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Here is a site I found about the stoma tuck. It has a lot of good information. It has a  video and a lot of his experience when he tried it for six months furher down the page. He tells all the problems he had with it. Hope this helps Stay safe

 

Sorry I forgot to post the site.    https://www.veganostomy.ca/stomatuck-review/

 

Reply by bryancohnracing, on Mon May 25, 2020 10:29 am
lovely wrote:

Here is a site I found about the stoma tuck. It has a lot of good information. It has a  video and a lot of his experience when he tried it for six months furher down the page. He tells all the problems he had with it. Hope this helps Stay safe

 

Sorry I forgot to post the site.    https://www.veganostomy.ca/stomatuck-review/

 


Thank you for the link to this review, it will really helps me in deciding to try one out or not!

Bryan

Reply by iMacG5, on Tue May 26, 2020 12:24 pm

So I'm a guy and I wear T-shirts.  I put "pockets" inside all those T-shirts to kinda hold the bag in place.  It's not a great tailoring venture.  I just cut up an old shirt, shape it to fit and use the iron-on glue to place it at the bottom of the T.  Works for me.

M ike

Reply by spyke5, on Wed May 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi there I have been hiding in the background just reading all I can. New to everything as of April 1 so still dont even know what questions to even ask but I did watch the Veganostomy vidios on youtube and got a stelthbelt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knZIOIayx84  I'm really liking it but only have been using it for a month. I have a colostomy if that adds to the mix.  Mark

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk1dk0IkGD0

 

 

Reply by w30bob, on Wed May 27, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi spyke5......welcome to the team!  Now suit up and get ready to play!

 

;0)

bob

Reply by spyke5, on Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 am
w30bob wrote:

Hi spyke5......welcome to the team!  Now suit up and get ready to play!

 

;0)

bob

I am sure I'll slowly chime in.

Mark

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.
All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Currently online: 7    
7 visitors
 
 
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate - the largest online community for people with an ostomy.
If you have questions or just want to meet and chat with others, join us and enjoy our great community.