Opinions on Essential Case for Ostomy Supplies?

Replies
Views
Maried

I noticed there is an advertisement on this site, Beyond Definition, and it seems to have a really great day carrying case for Ostomy supplies. It is called Essential Case. Has anyone bought it? It looks like a perfect case to hold a bag or two, just in case.

w30bob

Hi Maried,

I didn't see the ad you mentioned, but I Googled "Beyond Definition Essential Case" and it popped right up. Seems it's a British company but their site says it's out of stock. Don't think it would work for me, but to be honest I'm glad you mentioned carrying an extra bag around. I don't do that, just bag clips......which are everywhere it seems except where I need one...but I never thought to have spare bags handy. I've never needed one, but I could see many scenarios where it could get torn or punctured while I'm working on my tractors or vehicles, or when my pooch gets over excited. So good idea and thanks for that!!

Regards,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi Maried,

Well... maybe I'm wrong. I just saw the ad you mentioned and it's for their Venture Bag. When I found their website, the bag they showed was much smaller. So maybe the Venture isn't out of stock, just the smaller one. Guess they make a variety of bags and I may have jumped the gun. The Venture is about the size of my emergency ostomy kit that I keep in my car... or I should say used to keep in my car. I found that it was a hassle carrying it in and out of the house into the car... and then I'd feel naked if I got in the car and forgot to bring the kit... so finally I realized if I had an emergency, the odds of me being able to get a new barrier on with my almost constant output would be impossible... so having the kit really wasn't helping me. For now, I figure if I have an issue with a major leak or my barrier gets torn off... I'll just sit on a big towel that I keep in my car... and go home to try to address it. But for those who can perform a barrier replacement or bag change at any time... it's about the right size for everything you'll need. Looks like a good product. Thanks Maried!

Regards,

Bob

bowsprit

Neat looking bag. Sometime ago I bought a lovely travel bar. Unfortunately, the news on the health front led to its use being drastically curtailed. I took out everything except the rock glasses and now use it for storing supplies while travelling. It is just the right size and has a suitcase type handle. It doesn't look like the usual items passengers carry, so when questioned I said: "I don't like the drinks they serve on board so I carry my own". They know it is a joke, so it brought a smile.

MBT

Married,

I do have the larger, Venture case. It's nice and I carry a few pouches in it. However, you can just as easily get a good cosmetic pouch for the same purpose (and less money).

NWAO

P.S. I remembered the unique feature of this case is the flip-down "shelf," which is nice and could be worth it if that is something important to you.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
lovely

I just put a couple of bags and wafers already with the hole cut to size in a ziplock bag. I just carry them in my purse for emergencies around town, doctors, church, or shopping. Sometimes I visit family out of town and I use a small tote bag with enough supplies I may need.

w30bob

Yeah, I tried the purse thing, Lovely........but people kept giving me strange looks.   And part of that was my fault........I never could find a purse that really matched my cool new cowboy hat!  

Regards,

Bob

Past Member

Married, I think those kits are never a one-size-fits-all. I use disposable bags on a two-piece system; so I am well-versed in having "emergency packs". I found some small "utility" cases that work perfectly for me. My wife says they look like "wristlets" but they do the trick. I can keep a few bags, one drainable bag in case my guy goes on a rampage, and a one-piece drainable as a last resort. There is a small front pocket for a clip, and a few supplies. I keep one in each car, and that way I'm never without some backup. I guess it would all depend on what system works best for you.

Good luck!

lovely

Ok Bob, funny, but there are bags for men called Messenger Bag. I am sure you have heard of them. But here is a link for them and a picture. They are all sizes and material. So now you have no excuse. LOL. https://www.ebags.com/product/everest/large-cotton-messenger-bag/207663?productid=10154586

Penguins7

Hi Maried, yes I did see the add and Bob is correct, they are overseas and out of stock. This would really be an upgrade for the Ziplock baggy I currently use. Stay well. Penguins7

collie123

I have got the Ventura Case. It is simply wonderful. £45.00 not cheap but worth every penny. I can recommend.

Maried

I like it because my bags are organized and not smashed up.

Newbie Dana

Many years ago, I wore contacts, and my first set came in a kit bag with solution, contact case, etc. I no longer wear contacts, but the zipper bag is the perfect size to fit in my purse (thank goodness, I'm a woman and don't have to match your rad cowboy hat, Bob!), and contains several sealed pouches with disposal bags, a couple of wafers, scissors, marker and templates for cutting the wafers to size, and a couple of band-aids (because I'm a klutz).

Puppyluv56

I have several of those travel bags. One from the ostomy nurse at the time of my surgery and the others were sent to me by Convetec when I joined their program. Looks just like the one in the advertisement and it was free.

Puppyluv

collie123

Yes, it does look much like the Convetec bag but my supplier is Medilink and they do not supply a bag. I left the hospital with a lovely turquoise wash bag but this is huge.

The Ventura bag allows me to go to an evening event without carrying a backpack that looks as if I am going camping. It works for me and is discreet. Kind regards

ron in mich

Hi all, I got the blue one from Convatec a while back when I requested a sample of something from them. It's handy for traveling as I pack for a few changes and it goes in my carry-on bag, not my checked luggage, as who knows where that can end up. At TSA checkouts, they zip it open, see what's in it, and no questions, so it's been handy to use.

Bluesky

Some of the supply companies have them. I got a free one from Coloplast when I requested samples.