What I Have Learned So Far

Replies
Views
freedancer

Well it's my second day with my one handed approach and Ostomy challange. So far I have learned how to do alot of tasks with one hand. I can change my ostomy bag, get my medication boxes and bottle's open, put on my CPAP mask over my long hair and get the hair pulled through the back opening of the mask, open an ice tray, open and put on my Breathe Right Strips, open food cans and drink bottles, cook food (but cannot scrape skin off of fresh vegtables like carrots, potatoes etc) It is interesting that the hardest things to do are putting on bra's, underware, pants and socks and pantyhose or half compression socks as well as doing blood sugar tests or blood pressure checks. However, each day I learn how to conquer a new challange. The human body amazes me in how quickly it adapts to changes. I hope you all have a good holiday if you are celebrating the 4th of July or another for your country.

Past Member

You are a real trooper, freedancer! Your attitude is great. Hope you have a wonderful holiday too!

Laurie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

Glad you have the courage to continue learning how to help yourself, keep up the good work. Best wishes and stay safe

Bill

Hello Freedancer.

Thanks for sharing this experience. It got me thinking that I should perhaps give it a go one handed for a while to see how I get on. My wife runs a group for stroke victims and whilst most of them have lost the use of one arm, it has nevever really occurred to me to try to envisage what it must be like to have to manage like that. Perhaps I'll give it a try in the next few weeks.

Best wishes

Bill