Best decision ever!

Replies
Views
freedancer

I have to admit, when I make a good decision for myself, I want to share it. As I explained in an earlier post, I had somewhat major surgery on my left hand. I was very worried about being able to manage sweet "Maxine" on my tummy with changing out my ostomy bag and barrier. The decision to switch to non drainable bags until I could use both hands was a stellar move on my part. At first, it was a challange but after two or three trys, I was good to go and can easily and quickly make the change as needed. Granted, I do go through the bags more often but with that aside, it is so much easier to manage with one hand. The VA was so understanding and accomodating with my need to switch for a time. I don't know what I would have done without them. If any of you ever have to have hand surgery or another surgery that takes away the use of one of your hands and need advice, please message me. I have adapted alot of different ways of working things with one hand and can help you to learn to make your temporary situation livable. Cheers!!

Puppyluv56

Great to hear Freedancer! I think the non drainable are easier as well.
Glad it has ;worked out so well for you! It makes a difference!

Puppyluv

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

Hi ;freedancer, it is good to hear that you have worked thingsout. Hope you continue to have a speedy recovery. Best wishes and stay safe

Bill

Hello Freedancer. 

Thanks for keeping us updated and congratulations on finding solutions to yet more irritating problems.

Best wishes

Bill

iMacG5

He Freedancer.  What Bill wrote.

Sincerely,

Mike

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister