10 Years of Ostomy Awareness: Join the Celebration!

Replies
Views
xnine

I got an email from Hollister.

Ostomy Awareness Day is October 3rd.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of Ostomy Awareness Day and we're honored to stand with the entire ostomy community in celebration.

Past Member

Oh, I would, but I think I'm busy that day... celebrating anything but that.

Laurie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

I suppose they could have called it Stoma Awareness Day and those people who are so inclined may have deemed it as 'SAD'. 

Best wishes

Bill

bowsprit

Celebration is the wrong word chosen by Hollister. Those affected will probably be in a somber mood that day.

HenryM

Just who are we making aware of ostomies, and why?

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
xnine

Everyone, to let them know we are just like them only with some plumbing changes. It seems everyone has their day and Oct 3rd is ours. Last weekend, Sunday was Grandparents Day, who knew. To make people aware so when they find out someone has an Ostomy, their jaw does not drop or they make some kind of rude comment. It is not that I am going to go down the street waving a bag. It is all about acceptance and support.

lovely

We had discussed about people not being aware that some handicaps are not visible. We talked about people looking at us funny when we use the handicap stalls in the bathroom. Also, when we park in a handicap parking space and get out of the car and walk pretty normal.