DIY Pouch Covers - Affordable and Adorable!

Replies
Views
Puppyluv56

So I was looking on Amazon for pouch covers when Looking Forward mentioned them in her post. They are expensive! So I thought I would whip up a few to see how it goes. They were so easy and took no time at all. A mask is more difficult! I put a pic of the ones I made in my pics here. It will not let me download them into this post for some reason. Says it is not allowed, anyhow, if you sew at all, may be worth making some. YouTube has videos to make them. They are cute!
Puppyluv

Maried

I used to make all my pouch covers. Usually, I used polyester because it was thin and very durable and dried quickly.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,475 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

I looked at your pictures of the pouches. You did a really good job. Best wishes and stay safe

Bill

I don't use this sort of thing myself but I very much appreciate the DIY effort you have put in to make these pouch covers yourself.  I also enjoyed browsing through all you pictures and reading your profile while I was there!

Best wishes

Bill

Red25

Super nice!! Good job!!!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Puppyluv56

I did use cotton on these, but polyester would be great too. Especially to move easily inside your clothing. Even saw a pouch made of a shower curtain! Great idea!  

Puppyluv56

Thanks Bill, 

I have never used a pouch cover either but looked at them online and they are charging a lot for them. Crazy!
I imagine they would be great for those that need to have their pouch outside of their clothing. Maybe even just a feel-good thing. 
Puppyluv

Puppyluv56

Thanks! They were fun to make! 
Pup

Puppyluv56

Thanks, Lovely! 

Earth Angel

Hi all,

I got a package of 6 on Etsy and they were very affordable. Just a suggestion for those who don't sew like myself.

Puppyluv56

Yep, Etsy is great and more affordable than companies selling them! 
Pup

vollovr

Don't the covers make your pouch more bulky?

Puppyluv56

Hey vollovr,

I have never worn them before but in trying one on that I made, I did not think so. Actually, if made with a satin or polyester blend, they are so thin and slide with your clothes better than the pouch itself. I don't feel the need to wear one except to have some fun with it! There are some that are forced to wear their pouch outside of their clothing and I imagine they would be wonderful in that case.

Guess you should try one, you never know!
Puppyluv

vollovr

Hi Puppyluv,

Thanks for the info. I guess the more lower profile the better for me. I am very petite and wear the smallest size made in Convatec products. Don't understand why some people have to wear their pouch outside of their clothing. That sounds bizarre. Oh well, it's nice to share and exchange ostomy info nevertheless.