Gut Pain Years After Surgery: Seeking Advice

Replies
Views
Just me 45

I wanted to know if anyone has their gut hurting after an operation, not right after but as time went on.... It has been 2017 since my operation and I still feel things in my gut... every day it reminds me... maybe I am still healing after all this time.... hard to say the time limit on it.... anyone care to tell me your experience... I have no idea if this is normal to go on this long..... and feeling like this may be an ongoing thing..... thank you .....

Footie97

Just me

I have been reversed for about 10 months and I am still having trouble. I have even discussed another surgery with my surgeon because something is not right. I have had many CTs, scopes etc and they cannot find an identifiable cause. We believe that I have adhesion and or scar tissue causing pain and GI issues but there are many more reasons to have pain after surgery. I have had C. Diff also and that may make things a little more complicated in my case. If you have not seen a surgeon, it might be good to discuss your symptoms and get further testing (CT enterography) to get a better picture. I have postponed my surgery for now to give it a little more time since I form a lot of adhesions every time they go into my abdomen. Good luck and let us know how you are feeling!

Footie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,374 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Just me 45

Thanks for the comments....I do have a place on my gut and it puffs out but my surgeon saw that and no problem so don't think that is the deal here...I have recently started to rub on my gut CBD oil and it really helps the situation. No pain and I feel so good.....guess it is a learning experience...

Just me 45

Thank you so much for your response.....I am wondering when it will let me, the system, get into a colon doctor to ask some of these questions.....Dec of this year will make 4 years since my operation......just want to make sure things are good.....and hate to have the doctor go in for the colonoscopy.....I am dreading that and don't want one...I still feel sensitive and delicate inside......but will have to do what I need to do.......Have a good evening....

Just me 45

Thanks for your response.......after the bag was removed, I asked the doctor about what food I could have and he said I could eat whatever I wanted to eat....I have thought about maybe an instrument of some kind is still in there.....but they usually check...like they did a colonoscopy after to make sure all was sewn up properly......I know Ginger is supposed to be good for you....will check it out...hope you're doing well.....I like to use fresh from the grocery store in things, or smoothies....Have a good day ahead....Susan :)

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Just me 45

I had a blood test a couple of weeks ago and all is well with everything...thanks for the suggestion.....I do have a blender but there are some things I can't eat like sour cream, coffee, alcohol and things like that....