Three Years of Stomaversary Reflections

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Puppyluv56

Well, my stomaversary was yesterday and I didn't even think about it! Lol The past three years seem like a lifetime. I am forgetting what it was like before surgery, before wearing a pouch. Never thought I would forget that!
Guess I have accepted all of this and think no more about pooping now than I did before. That is probably a good thing!
Hope the following years are as carefree, they all haven't been. I prefer to look on the bright side! There are always bad days or weeks but I feel lucky to have few of those. Not letting this rule me!

Thanks to those that helped along the way!

Puppyluv

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bays6513

Hello Puppyluv,

I feel you on the days being good and bad, ugh! And yes, it seems like you have the right idea. Not letting these rules use us!!

Agree, but it's hard at times. But learning and marching forward, woohoo! Want to enjoy it all tomorrow, not promised.

Thank you for sharing, and it's encouraging.

BAYS

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mild_mannered_super_hero

Happy stomaversary, pup!

Past Member

bays6513

Omg, how cute and sweet xox.
Congrats nbsp.

BAYS ;)

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
charleston_sunny

Hey, happy 3rd stoma birthday Puppyluv! Mine is actually 3 years today! Like you, I didn't even think about it... yes, must be acceptance.

lovely

Happy 3rd stoma birthday, pup. Best wishes and stay safe.

Puppyluv56

Thanks, Lovely! 

Puppyluv56

Thanks, my friend!