Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 23,6K + members

Hernia Repair

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org
Thu May 13, 2021 2:15 pm

I Have a huge hernia which has given me pain for the last 3 months . Today I seen my doctor  and she wants me to see my Gastroenterology ,to see if I have any infections like chrones . I was diagnose with UC . Has anyone had hernia repair and can you give me any info about it . Thank you .

Thu May 13, 2021 7:05 pm

ihave had two if herneia has growed for some time to get it back in my get cut off back on me was ten lbs put on michine awake in less ifbells wislesgo off u are put under may be a haert a tac may be a shouk to the body after being out for some time. we both left toooooo much   may be faced at a therd time, there othere on here  . more info coming

Thu May 13, 2021 8:04 pm

Bluejay,

i have been lucky and never had a hernia! Knock on wood! A lot of folks have had several. Doctors seem to not want to operate unless absolutely a must. Hope your issue can be taken care of easily! Others will pipe in and there are many discussions on hernias in the forum if you are up to some good reading. 
Take Care,

Pup

Fri May 14, 2021 5:36 pm

I've had two peristomal hernia repairs, one they did lapriscopicly and the other they had to open me.  the second one was about 3 years ago and knock on wood so far so good since then on that front. do you have specific questions? i have Crohns as well. 

Sat May 15, 2021 5:34 am
WIGirl43 wrote:

I've had two peristomal hernia repairs, one they did lapriscopicly and the other they had to open me.  the second one was about 3 years ago and knock on wood so far so good since then on that front. do you have specific questions? i have Crohns as well. 


I was just wondering how long you have your repair for . My doctor wanted me have a reversal because she thought it might come back . My other doctor told me if a had a reversal that I would more then likely be going in my pants so I kept the bag .

Sat May 15, 2021 8:04 am

can u be litte more clear asing about herna or ostomy

Sat May 15, 2021 11:25 am
c57557555 wrote:

can u be litte more clear asing about herna or ostomy


I was asking about my hernia . What are the complcations and how long of a recovery .

Sat May 15, 2021 11:49 am

time can very 3-4 mounths did u read last info hard toadd to jenrl give bater i euy

Sat May 15, 2021 12:49 pm
Bluejay wrote:


I was just wondering how long you have your repair for . My doctor wanted me have a reversal because she thought it might come back . My other doctor told me if a had a reversal that I would more then likely be going in my pants so I kept the bag .


i thought i replied to this but i don't see it now.  my first one was lapriscopic and i was back to work in 4 weeks, the second one they also had to resection some necrotic tissue and left it open with a wound vac.  i was off 12 weeks from work, but that's not typical from what i understand 

Sat May 15, 2021 1:48 pm
WIGirl43 wrote:


i thought i replied to this but i don't see it now.  my first one was lapriscopic and i was back to work in 4 weeks, the second one they also had to resection some necrotic tissue and left it open with a wound vac.  i was off 12 weeks from work, but that's not typical from what i understand 


i am nut under standing want going on with u  can u make it more clear or look for 3 doctortake some one with u doll

Sat May 15, 2021 5:44 pm
WIGirl43 wrote:


i thought i replied to this but i don't see it now.  my first one was lapriscopic and i was back to work in 4 weeks, the second one they also had to resection some necrotic tissue and left it open with a wound vac.  i was off 12 weeks from work, but that's not typical from what i understand 

Yes you did . You where the first one . And thank you so much for answearing my questions . It is just my doctor talked to me in doctor talk and I was kind of get lost . But she made it sound like a big delt spcaily

if It came back then try and fix it . She was also worryed about infactions . Did you have any ? And thank you again for your time . It is hard trying to find things out when you have no one to talk with .

Sat May 15, 2021 6:33 pm

yeall back u need to

Sat May 15, 2021 7:12 pm
Bluejay wrote:

Yes you did . You where the first one . And thank you so much for answearing my questions . It is just my doctor talked to me in doctor talk and I was kind of get lost . But she made it sound like a big delt spcaily

if It came back then try and fix it . She was also worryed about infactions . Did you have any ? And thank you again for your time . It is hard trying to find things out when you have no one to talk with .


no infections with either hernia surgery.  so that was good. 

it is frustrating when doctors don't break it down so things are understandable. i've found plenty of people here are helpful or willing to offer advice, which is good.  i found talking to the surgeon was more helpful than talking to my dr. he was able to explain everything and answer all of my questions, so that might be helpful to you as well 

Sat May 15, 2021 7:16 pm
c57557555 wrote:


i am nut under standing want going on with u  can u make it more clear or look for 3 doctortake some one with u doll


i was telling him about 2 of my surgeries to repair hernia.  one they did with a robot and the other one they had to cut me open. 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Currently online: 23    
4 members & 19 visitors