Need Narrow Bag for Ileostomy Incision

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses recommendations for narrow ostomy bags suitable for ileostomy incisions.
Past Member

I had an emergency ileostomy on May 16th. I was connected to a wound vac in my incision. My problem is that my 6-inch incision is only about 1 inch from my stoma. The bags that I have researched all are too wide and will stick to the incision, which is not healed and very tender. Does anyone know of a bag that is narrow enough to fit over my stoma without touching my incision?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ritz

CAB ... The best source for your answer is your ileostomy nurse or a wound clinic that also does Ostomates.
Ritz

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
xnine

If you have to cut your flanges, maybe if you make the cut offset, it will fit.

Past Member

A nurse specializing in ileostomy just called and is coming to my house later today. Thanks.

Past Member

A nurse is coming later today. I'll talk to her about it.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Ritz

Perfect... they will get you fitted the best.

HenryM

CAB:  I had an analagous problem last year:  an open sore from a hair follicle close to my stoma.  My ostomy nurse gave me a product that was great:  OPTICELL AG, silver antibacterial gelling fiber wound dressing by Medline.  I'd just cut a small piece to place over the wound, then put my skin barrier right on top of it.  The wound healed.  Ask your ostomy nurse about this product.

eddie

Have you tried trimming one side? It may work if the barrier device is wide enough. Hope you get the help you need.

Eddie