Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,906 members
Next >

Choosing a bag for Ileostomy


 
This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

I had an emergency Ileostomy May 16th. I was connected to a wound vac in my incision. My problem is that my 6 inch incision is only about 1 inch from my stoma. The bags that I have researched all are too wide and will stick to the incision which is not healed and very tender. Does anyone know of a bag that is narrow enough to fit over my stoma without touching my incision?

 

CAB ... the best source for your answer is your ileostomy nurse or a wound clinic that also does Ostomates. 
Ritz

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,906 members
 

If you have to cut your flanges maybe if you make the cut off set it will fit.


 

A nurse specializing in Ileostomy just called and is coming to my house later today  Thanks 

Ritz wrote:

CAB ... the best source for your answer is your ileostomy nurse or a wound clinic that also does Ostomates. 
Ritz




 

A nurse is coming later today.  I’ll talk to her about it.

xnine wrote:

If you have to cut your flanges maybe if you make the cut off set it will fit.



 
CAB wrote:

A nurse specializing in Ileostomy just called and is coming to my house later today  Thanks 




Perfect ...they will get you fitted the best 

 

CAB:  I had an analagous problem last year:  an open sore from a hair follicle close to my stoma.  My ostomy nurse gave me a product that was great:  OPTICELL AG, silver antibacterial gelling fiber wound dressing by Medline.  I'd just cut a small piece to place over the wound, then put my skin barrier right on top of it.  The wound healed.  Ask your ostomy nurse about this product.

 

Have you tried trimming one side? May work if barrier device wide enough. Hope you get the help you need 

Eddie

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours