Ostomy Memories of Surgeons

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

WE’VE ALL HAD RELATIONSHIPS WITH SURGEONS. Some of us have less positive memories of them than others. I don’t even remember the name of the surgeon who performed my original ileostomy back in 1964. But I feel safe in saying that I’ve outlived him, which is saying something about his skills, in a manner of speaking. When I was forced to have the surgery re-done in 2011, the surgeon was good enough to permit me to mark the spot with an X where I wanted the new stoma, which was slightly lower on my belly than the original one. He and I got into conversation the night prior to the surgery, and he boasted that surgeons were the top of the food chain in the medical profession. I assured him that trial lawyers felt the same way about their brethren. Anyway, all this came back to me yesterday when I encountered the following joke:
Four surgeons were chatting at the end of the day. The first said that he preferred operating upon librarians because, when you opened them up, everything was in alphabetical order. The second said his preference was accountants because, when you opened them up, everything was orderly and numerical. The third surgeon claimed his favorite patient was an electrician since, when you opened them up, everything was color-coded. The fourth surgeon said his favorite was politicians. What, chimed the others? Why politicians? Because, he replied, when you open them up, they’re heartless, gutless, and spineless, and their head and asshole are interchangeable.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Caz67

That's a great one, Henry XX

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Ritz

Henry ... This post really made me . Good one.

Thank you, Ritz.

TerryLT

Good chuckle, Henry! I'm going to go completely off-topic here because your joke reminded me of something a friend told me a few years ago. I know from previous posts that although you may not hold surgeons in particularly high esteem, lawyers are even lower on your list of professions. This is a true story, by the way. My friend, who is a criminal lawyer, recounted a chance meeting he had with a colleague a few years ago. He was staying at a fancy resort on one of our southern B.C. Gulf Islands when he ran into his former business partner, who was also a criminal lawyer. This guy had left the partnership to open his own firm, and he specialized in defending high-level drug dealers and gang members. He had his yacht anchored in the harbor, and it was called, what else, "Crime Pays".

Terry

HenryM
Reply to TerryLT

Gee, small world!  I practiced criminal defense for four years.  My partner had a big speed boat, the kind favored by drug runners.  He called his boat... Crime Pays. 

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
TerryLT
Reply to HenryM

No way!!

Past Member

Damn Henry, you're good... lol. Love it.

MaeRee

Loved the surgeon joke, have to remember it.

Thanks

MaeRee

MaeRee

Here's one for you,

What do doctors and God have in common?

NOTHING !!!!!

God doesn't think he's a doctor

LOL

MaeRee