Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

First Blockage with My Ileostomy

Past Member
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:16 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.

Hi Terry,  I am only 4 months post op and my biggest fear is a blockage, so I sympathize with your fear.  I get such awful cramps prior to things moving that I am not sure if it is the start of a blockage.  In my past life before colostomy I would get a pitcher of warm water and toss a bunch of salt in it and within 2 hours I would be completely cleaned out.  I would be afraid to try that now.  I had a colonoscopy and three days after was really backed up.  It was weird and I often wonder if the nurses thought it odd that two of us were in ER post colonoscopy the same day.  Maybe somebody didn't clean the endoscope.  They sent me to exray and right after that I emptied.  When I got back told them they couldn't rely on exray as I just went.  They gave me citrate of magnesium anyway to take at home. I never took it.

I sure hope this stays resolved for you. God bless and praying for you

Linda

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:02 pm

I was horribly allergic to the Go Lightly solution that they gave me before a colonoscopy. I was so deathly ill it had to be postponed.  From then on, I always did the fizzy drink and two little red pills.  

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.