Ostomy Reversal

Replies
Views
Angief

Hi.

My name is Angie. I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer a year and a half ago. I then had a colon resection to remove the tumor. Since then, I have had a temporary ileostomy. I just had another major colon surgery a year and a half after I got the bag as the surgeon accidentally stapled some of the tumor cells back inside my colon. That was a month ago. I am healing well and feeling positive now that all the cancer has been removed. I am set now to have my reversal surgery in two months. I would love to hear from some other peeps who have had a similar scenario, as the doctors are making life after the reversal seem a little scary.

HenryM

I'd be scared too if "the surgeon accidentally stapeled some of the tumor cells back inside my colon..."  The guy sounds like a butcher and I'd seriously consider seeing an experienced medical malpractice attorney.  Good luck to you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.