Ileostomates: Experiences with Uqora for Chronic UTI?

Replies
Views
Lily17

Hi, O'mates!

I've had a chronic UTI, and I believe it's due to being an ileostomate and not getting enough fluids to my bladder, frequently, to flush out bacteria.

Do any other ileostomates have this issue? And if so, have you tried the new-ish product Uqora? How did it work for you?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Lily17

lovely

I have a colostomy but have a lot of UTIs. I am wondering if the mucus discharge from the rectum may be causing them.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,377 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mira25

Hi Lily,

I have a similar issue, so I really feel for you. Most of my fluids are lost through the stoma, and my bladder is continually dry, so it's sore when I pee. For the last few months, I have been drinking 500ml of water during the night when the stoma is quieter. This has the effect of flushing out the bladder. It doesn't completely eradicate the problem, but it helps. So many complications with these stomas!

Lily17
Reply to Mira25

Hi, Mira.

I figure the liquids being redirected to the appliance vs. the bladder is also my issue. I drink about 20 oz. of water just before I go to bed so my stomach and small intestine have more time to absorb it (less interference from gravity when I'm lying down!), flush toxins from my body that accumulate throughout the day, and also rehydrate!

Ordered some Uqora products, which I received today, and I hope they make a difference. They were recommended by my GP, and in spite of my ileostomy, she's sure it will be helpful!

Thanks for the reply, Mira - I hope you can find relief!

Lily17

Taylor1997

I started using Quora 3 months ago! I had tried everything else. This product is worth the money, which isn't bad. Only a few days and you cleared up. I now use it when I feel it coming on. It's the best. I have an Ostomy from 2017. Radiation damaged my bladder. Good luck.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
colinw

I am told that UTIs are uncommon in males, but I too suffer from frequent infections. I used to blame it on leakage finding its way to my private parts. I would be interested to find out from other ostomates if they have this problem.

Colin

Taylor1997

Yes, I've been on it for 6 months. Back in 2017, I had colon cancer and radiation damaged my bladder. I started getting UTIs. I tried everything over the counter, plus my doctor tried me on a couple of meds. I heard about Uquora from TV. I got relief immediately. I used it daily, per directions, for a month. I tapered off when I felt better. I'm doing great. Now, I take it only when I feel it coming on. It's definitely worth it. I will never get off it. You won't regret it. I'm 75, it's very hard to find a quality product and it has no color to the urine. Good luck.

Mira25
Reply to Lily17

Hi Lily,

How did you get on with the Uqora? I hope it has helped.

I might give it a try. My concern is that my body reacts badly to additives. I wish these companies could make more natural versions of their products, even if the shelf life was compromised.

Hope you're doing alright.

colinw

Hi

Unfortunately I'm in the UK, and they don't supply ugora to here

Colin