Seeking Blog on Healthy Eating & Vitamins for Ileostomy Patients

Replies
Views
Feb9HH

I am interested in finding a blog about eating healthy, vitamins, for people with an ileostomy. I would like to eventually make the move off anxiety meds and dig deeper into healthy eating. We have some challenges with not being able to take time-released, coated pills. Also, having an ileostomy and the challenge of knowing what vitamins we need that we may be falling short of.
I would hope to find someone that understands these specific struggles and has real answers that work backed by experience-driven results or education on this. If that exists, please let me know where I can find a blog like that. Thank you!

xnine

VeganOstomy.ca may help

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,480 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Meadow Snow

I agree with xnine, veganostomy.ca is an absolute treasure trove of information, hopefully he'll be able to help you. The guy who runs the site is called Eric.

AlexT

First, happy belated birthday. Ostomydiaries on YouTube has some videos on what she (Amber) takes and why. She has some pretty good videos on pretty much everything ostomy related.

HenryM

RE vitamins:  Centrum makes chewable and gummy multi-vitamins that I've been taking for years without a problem.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Feb9HH
Reply to AlexT

Thank you for the birthday wishes and for sending me in a helpful direction.

AlexT
Reply to Feb9HH

You're welcome, anytime. I would have wished you a happy birthday when you posted that picture, but being a non-paying member, I can't comment on photos unless they're mine.

Dharms

Hi.

I've had my ileostomy for just over a year and found Bassetts Vitamins gummies easy to digest. They are available at supermarkets and pharmacies, including Boots and Tesco in the UK.

Also, I suffered from anxiety and sleep deprivation - the doctor wanted to put me on depression tablets which I refused, so I tried natural CBD oil - a couple of drops every night has helped with my sleep and I feel confident with my stoma bag now.

For me, the lack of sleep was causing me more anxiety.

All the best!

AlexT

Thanks. I smile all the time but I can't fake smile for pictures.

Beth22

Feb 9th.. I drink two things: a nutrition drink that has protein, other vitamins and minerals, and potassium - pretty much everything your body needs. And I take adult liquid vitamins from Centrum. They work wonders for me. I have such a boost in energy, and I feel the difference when I haven't taken them. You can find those on their website or on Amazon. The nutrition is Instant Breakfast. You can get the Instant Breakfast in powder packets and mix it with nonfat/fat-free milk, or you can buy them already mixed and ready to drink.

Tabitha.ackermann
Reply to Beth22

Great advice, thanks for sharing! I am definitely going to try. Right now, I am doing Ensue and Boost, but will try these as well!