Ostomy Memories of Bridges

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

LIFE IS FULL OF BRIDGES, usually physical but often emotional connections between things, or people.  Human relationships involve bridges, sometimes akin to simple country covered bridges, other times quite complicated multi-level cantilever or suspension bridges, brimming with two-way traffic requiring one to pay close attention so as to not hurt feelings or cause misunderstandings.  Words, and facial expressions, matter.  But life can be long, and some relationships short, so while we’re traveling about we often must decide which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.  It can get challenging.  Then there are those bridges we must build all by ourselves, spans to cross over from pre-surgery to post-surgery, from prior self to new self.  While there are handrails for crossing that bridge, from medical counsel to family support, it still requires the application of an inner strength sufficient to make the crossing and stay on your feet.  I’d compare it to one of those swaying rope bridges over a deep chasm.  Self-determination can be a thing of beauty, and once you’ve got it whipped, you can get busy crossing (and burning) more bridges.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,092 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

"Words, and facial expressions, matter." They do! And that is why I find this way of communication difficult at times. Emojis just don't cut it sometimes. And some folks don't even have a profile picture. I need to see a persons eyes to know what they are really saying.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
veejay
One of your best Henry.....so true, we can all relate!

Keep up the good work.

V.J.
Justbreathe

Wow Henry - great analogy....for some, the rope bridge is over a deeper chasm than for others as is evident on this web-site. Thanks to all who show empathy, share stories, inject humor and provide valuable information.