Ostoform Seal: Effective Solution for Sore Skin around Stoma

Replies
Views
lovely

Here is a site I ran across and it seems to be good for sore skin around your stoma. The Ostoform Seal ensures that stoma output flows away from your skin, keeping it safe, healthy, and comfortable. I have ordered samples and will let you know how they work, or you can order samples for yourself. It looks good, check it out or if anyone has tried these, let me know how they work for you. https://ostoform.com/

Past Member

Thanks, lovely.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,480 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Meadow Snow

Keep us posted, lovely. These look great!

Abefroman1969

Thank you, Lovely. I put in my order for samples. Hopefully, it fits!

Justbreathe

Thanks, Lovely - I requested a free sample as well.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Abefroman1969

Wow, are they fast! I've already had my follow-up call and the product is on the way!

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

I will need a review.

AlexT

It's like a stoma Slip-N-Slide. If anyone has thick output and it works, let me know.

Abefroman1969
Reply to Anonymous

My ostomy has to shrink a bit more before I can try it, I'm at 44mm. I need to be 40 or below.

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

Good luck tomorrow. Hugs

Past Member

Well, I just received an email back from the company that said they have no distributors in Canada.

Justbreathe
Reply to Anonymous

Hang in there - I spoke with a rep who said the company is new. My guess is, if it's a great product, it will be widely distributed.

Casper9

That looks great!

I hope they do start to distribute in Canada at some point. I would love to try this.

Thanks, Lovely!

lovely
Reply to Abefroman1969

Have you gotten and tried your samples yet? I have, and they don't really work for me. If you have regular output, they may help, but if you have pudding-like output, they don't. I hope they help you. Let us know.

Justbreathe
Reply to AlexT

Just as an FYI per your request - Got my freebies the other day...only have tried it one time - a slip and slide not so much if output is oatmeal quality

Usually my output is liquid but while trying this it was not!, so the output seemed to stay on the ledge rather than slip sliding' away. I will give it another chance but having a little skin issue right now.

Thanks to Lovely for the info - always willing to try new things - mostly always

Abefroman1969

Mine have arrived, but I'm at the cottage so I haven't had a chance to try, although they are available here if I just ask.

Justbreathe
Reply to Anonymous

Got 4 samples...first one - not so good ...output loved the "shelf" and remained there for a while...second one - dismal failure (my fault) trying to fit it properly was like trying to dress a one ton elephant into a size 2 tutu - whole deal was trashed - today a third try and I have felt my stoma (prolly screaming) all day. I will give the 4th one a try in a few days but not looking hopeful. Hate to get the phone call from the rep and give her some bad news...she was sooooo nice. Think I will just stay with my simple 1 piece pouch and make sure it has a snug fit on ole' Seymour - I believe that is key. Sure appreciate that you shared this latest technology tho - always willing to try the latest thing in stoma wear. THANKS, Lovey for the info.

Just breathe

tweetysvoice

I actually just tried these out this past week. Cornholio, my stoma, is tallish and lays to the side, so I was hoping it would help keep it more upright - and it did. But, I had, ummm, issues with it. The first night, about 10 hours in, the left "wing" popped out from under the flange. The next morning I went to empty my bag and the entire silicone piece was off and floating around in my bag. I did a full appliance change and found that it caused a major leak under the barrier. I now have blisters and raw skin for the first time in months. That's what I get for messing with the system that worked. Now I'm dealing with severe itching... Ugh.

Ostoform part that was swimming in my slurm.

Cornholio with the ostoform ring.

tweetysvoice
Reply to lovely

I noticed that as well. It loaded up the slurm underneath the tab and gave more surface to collect. It was much harder to empty because of that.

eefyjig

I tried these a few weeks back, too, and didn't have much success. I didn't seem to get a good enough seal around my stoma, the ring wasn't thick enough, and the plastic spout did little. I get so excited with these new ideas but they don't always live up to their potential.

lovely
Reply to Meadow Snow

It did not work for me.