Travel insurance suggestions for ileostomy in UK?

Replies
Views
neil.humphries31

I have an ileostomy and I'm looking for travel insurance. Can anyone suggest a provider (UK).

Thanks

patrickrichardson1946

I don't think a stoma counts as a problem with insurance...to the best of my knowledge it is not classed as a disability. I am going abroad shortly and I got puffin insurance because I have a number of health problems. Suggest you go on a compare website and see what they come up with and check if you need special insurance for the stoma. Don't pay for expensive if it's not needed. Good luck. Patrick

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,428 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Caz67

Hi Neil

I work in a GP surgery and some of my patients have told me they use an insurance group called Insure With. Apparently, they don't charge over the odds for illnesses, chronic diseases, or cancer. Let me know how you get on if you get a quote from them so I can provide feedback to my newer patients, please. XX

Bill

Hello Neil.

As others have said, I don't think a stoma should make any difference to travel insurance. 

I have mine through my bank and they assured me that it wasn't on any excess list. Of course, it's always best to check with whoever you go with, but be careful if they are wanting to charge you extra. 

Best wishes

and have a good trip.

Bill 

neil.humphries31
Reply to patrickrichardson1946

Many thanks

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
neil.humphries31
Reply to Caz67

Thanks

neil.humphries31
Reply to Bill

Thanks

Mayoman

With my Irish travel insurance, their biggest concern was when I was last hospitalized. Two years without hospitalization was their requirement. Tell them everything honestly, medicines, other health problems, etc. If not a hospital emergency, you have to call the insurance company (keep their number on speed dial!!) and get their okay or call them as soon as possible if you need a hospital.

I never had to use it, so I got lucky. Best of luck, Neil, Magoo