Ostomy Memories of Genius

Replies
Views
HenryM

IT NEVER FAILS TO IRK ME when I hear a sports announcer refer to some feat a player has pulled off as “genius.”  It typically involves making an outstanding play of some kind.  I can appreciate such accomplishments as much as the next person, but it isn’t “genius.”  Even NFL quarterback Joe Theismann recognized this when he opined:  “Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius.  A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein.”  Sports quotes are frequently and ironically on point.  In any event, true genius involves creative exceptionality; it certainly is not mere athletic talent.  Genius produces paintings like Van Gogh; or writings like James Joyce; or light bulbs like Thomas Edison.  It is not only divinely inspired but also the product of hard work and long hours.  Sometimes a genius might be misunderstood, or just misperceived as nuts.  That is a common reaction to extraordinary people.  I remember my friend Howie, who once complained to me that he was a misunderstood genius.  “How are you misunderstood?” I asked him.  “People don’t think I’m a genius,” he moaned.  

Mayoman

I think we know where the literary genius lies on MAO! Your sports genius gave me a laugh-out-loud moment, Henry. I always thought I was misunderstood too... for the same reason! They just can't see it! I'm reminded of Fredo in The Godfather, out in the boat with his little brother... "I'm smart, I can do stuff," Fredo cries as he is soon to be "Swimmin' with the Fishes." Suffering under a fatal misconception... A legend in his own mind!!! ...like me!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,585 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

HenryM
Reply to Mayoman

You're no slouch at communicating yourself, buddy.

AlexT

If I'm a misunderstood nut, does that make me a super genius?

Mayoman

Beep!... Beep! Most people in the Genius category are a bit nuts, they have to be! It's a requirement for the position!

Ignoring all the so-called logic trying to hold them back is really where their genius lies.

Magoo

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mayoman
Reply to HenryM

Coming from you, Henry, that is the supreme compliment! You are a gentleman and a scholar, my friend!!