Reversed Successfully

Replies
Views
Past Member

Going into my reversal, my new surgeon did not believe the emergency colostomy (post-failed laparoscopic resection) left enough tissue to work with. He planned for multiple outcomes. Three days prior to surgery, he marked me for an ileostomy location, planning to let my colon heal before use.

During surgical prep, we discussed it and it was still the likely expected outcome. Memorial Day 2021 was when my gastro nightmare began. I ended up spending 23 days in hospitals last year. It was awful.

My resection failed, and when I woke up from my emergency surgery (projectile vomiting all the way to the ER), I had a colostomy bag and a wound vacuum sticking out of an 8-inch wound. 38 days of wound vac dressing changes nearly broke me. I wanted to die; it had to be better than hell on earth.

Last Tuesday changed everything. I went under, and after a 4-hour robotic-assisted surgery... When I came around, I lifted my sheet and saw only bandages! My husband described it to me, saying I was giddy.

All the glory to God.

Without my prayer warriors, husband, my surgeon, and his team, who knows? My surgeon led us all in prayer just before we rolled into the OR.

AlexT

Congratulations.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.