Bag Overflow: Intimacy Interruptions

Replies
Views
Andy ileostomy

Is it just me, or does anyone else's bag fill (to the brim) during foreplay... it's so much of a problem that most of the time I feel like I need to change the subject when the situation of intimacy raises its head. This seems to happen to me at any time of the day or night.

It's sending me crazy and killing my relationship.

AlexT

As soon as I get some foreplay, I'll let you know if it's just you or not.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,450 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Superme

Hi Andy! I have a golden rule. If I know that I am going to be intimate, I do not eat after 9 pm. Same when I play volleyball or softball. Game time is 7 pm. I do not eat after 2 pm. I also don't eat heavily. Just enough to be satisfied. If you are intimate at other times of the day, then you might be shit out of luck. I'd rather think that timing is everything. Mike

Homie With A Stomie NS

I'm sorry, I am married. What's foreplay again? I'm with Alex T. If I get and figure out it's foreplay, I will let you know...

Find humor in it. It may help.

Tracy

xnine

How long does your foreplay last?

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
HenryM

I thought foreplay had something to do with golf... 

Justbreathe
Reply to AlexT

You are too funny, Alex! Good luck!

Ben38

At times, just one of those things. I tell her not to move. I'll be back to finish what I've started. Run to the toilet, empty bag. 1 minute later, after washing my hands, I'm back on the job again. If the worst happens, just both jump in the shower and finish each other off in there... Do you think it could be down to you worrying about it? Stress can play a big part in bags filling.... Have you ever taken lomotil or something similar a few hours before when you think it's going to be your lucky night to see if it slows your output down?

Axl
Reply to HenryM

That's what I thought, or is it Timber .. nah.. that's not right..

Hisbiscus

That's probably because you're so relaxed. I wonder if the marshmallow hack would work for this as well? I have read that people eat marshmallows before bag change time and it keeps the stoma from being active so they can get the bag on. Other than that, just don't eat a few hours prior. Only things I can think of.

julesden315

We just laugh about it. Put more importance on intimacy and less on your bag. Remember, it saved your life! Having a sense of humor about it makes it tolerable!

AlexT

Update: It's just you. 😁🤫