Opinions on Sensura Mio Flex bags with adhesive coupling?

Replies
Views
AlexT

Does anyone use the Sensura Mio Flex bags with the adhesive coupling? It looks like a disaster waiting to happen unless the two pieces actually bond together. ‍ I received an email about them and I'm just wondering how they work and stand up to use.

w30bob

Hi A,

No, never even considered them. I use the two-piece click, as I like having access to my stoma if I need it. I'm sure the adhesive is a type of contact cement, so it probably sticks like hell. Assuming you align both pieces well when you go to stick them. But looks to be thinner than the two-piece click. As a side note, I thought the two-piece click was a pretty secure attachment. Then the other day I was fishing leaves out of my above ground pool. As I walked behind the backside I was leaning against the pool as I walked, and at one point I felt my ostomy belt come loose. Thinking WTF? I picked up my shirt to find my bag had somehow exited stage right, if you know what I mean. So not as secure as I once thought. Easy enough to snap back on though.

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,450 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

They sent me a sample of it when they first came out, but I never tried it because my regular set up is convex and the sample they sent wasn't... I wonder about them though. They could potentially be more comfortable...or maybe I just want that to be true...

AlexT
Reply to Anonymous

What? Your bag isn't comfortable?

SallyK

I don't really understand how it would stay on if you moved around a lot... like normal people.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Ben38

Yes, I've tried samples and had no disasters, and yes, obviously they bond together with adhesive. Really good quality, I can't find any faults.....they come into their own if you have mobility problems with your hands/arms. If you can only use one hand, try and change a standard two-piece with a locking ring with only one hand. It ain't easy, even more so if you're right-handed or left and then can only use your opposite hand. It's extremely difficult, been there, done it!....With this one, as it's adhesive instead of a locking ring, it makes it so much easier to just pull the bag off the base plate and apply a new one to the plate. It's not the first type made this way. I was using another brand 20 years ago after having a stroke, as I couldn't use my left side and being left-handed, it was much easier for me to just pull the bag off the base and apply a new one than to try and drain a bag.......If you're still having difficulty understanding how they work, just have a look at their site.

SallyK
Reply to Ben38

Thanks for all the information.

Past Member
Reply to AlexT

Like an old pair of sweatpants...

Beth22

These are actually the ones I use. I have been using them since January. So far, I haven't had any problems. They also hold up in the shower. One thing to note is that you have to make sure it is aligned correctly with the base plate. Hence, the blue circle. I tried the click, hoping it would work, but unfortunately, it didn't.

AlexT
Reply to Anonymous

Nothing better than that.

PatriciaSz

I love the adhesive.  This is my second ostomy and I've never had a problem. I do use an extra barrier ring at the top of my bag to help secure it when the bag gets a little weight to it.  But it's not necessary. The adhesive sticks well and I've never had a leak from that part.