Embrace Your Ostomy Journey and Thrive!

Replies
Views
AlexT

Here it is, all my wisdom wrapped up in one simple statement....This ostomy thing you've got has either saved your life or made it better in some form. You're not buried in dirt and hopefully you're feeling better, enjoy each and every day. It's not that bad in the big scheme of things. So, put your cape on and have a good Monday.

Hairdresser

I could not agree with you more! Yeah, it is different but for me personally, it has given me my life back! I am so grateful and I feel blessed that this was an option.
Whether you like your ostomy or not, life goes on, make the best of it! Have a great day! God bless.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
w30bob

Oh... that's you in that pic, isn't it Alex? You were sooooo cute... what happened???

;O)

SallyK
Reply to w30bob

OMG lol

SallyK

I agree with you 100%, Alex!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT
Reply to w30bob

One word comes to mind... Studmuffin. Or is that two? ;&zwj

Caz67
Reply to w30bob

Still, they are cute.

AlexT
Reply to Caz67

Thanks, I feel better now. Bob's a big meanie.

w30bob
Reply to AlexT

One. Definitely one.

:o)

NancyCat
Reply to AlexT

So funny - LOL

w30bob

Oh, sorry... my bad. I forgot the mask. Here you go, Batman!!!

;o)

w30bob
Reply to AlexT

One. Definitely one.

:o)

AlexT

The mask makes me look mysterious. Thanks, I needed that.

eefyjig

I can only add to watch YouTube videos of people acting like superheroes and rocking their ostomies. Very inspiring and reassuring.

Little Stinker

Life is definitely better now! Just call me Wonder Woman! 'Cause every day without pain is a wonder.

Little Stinker

Life is definitely better now! Just call me Wonder Woman! 'Cause every day without pain is a wonder.

Clara8
Nurse

Hahahaha AlexT, I liked your post:)

Daria Luna
Reply to Hairdresser

I just received an ileostomy in late October and haven't had any problems yet. I'm very grateful to have a solution to a colon that had thrown in the towel and look forward to waking up each morning. I'm still a neophyte and being a tiny person, my ostomy is difficult to disguise but guess I'll figure it out. Grateful to have a place to come to for advice.

Daria Luna
Reply to Little Stinker

I feel the same way! When I'm tempted to complain, I remind myself how miserable my life was before. We are lucky, huh?

MC22

Very well said! Amen, amen!!!!