Hollister Pouch: Issues with New Materials?

Replies
Views
kruegered2
Nov 21, 2022 4:57 pm

Has anyone had problems with the product change? Use of new materials pouch tearing difficult to use.

AlexT
Nov 21, 2022 5:00 pm

Nope. Been using Hollister since day one and no issues. I use bag #8371 and a barrier ring #7805 or 8805, can't remember which.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,886 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

HenryM
Nov 21, 2022 5:19 pm

I'm very pleased with my Hollister supplies.  

eefyjig
Nov 21, 2022 8:31 pm

Kruegered2, what are you noticing about your Hollister stuff? I got a weird batch several months ago - the Velcro closure wasn't closing all the way. I called them and they replaced them. Other than that, nothing different. I do wish they weren't so noisy, I wish the cloth covering was better at concealing the contents of my bag (my bags have the viewable window) but I've wished these things from day one.

AlexT
Nov 21, 2022 8:37 pm

I must be deaf, I don't notice any noise unless I'm mixing the lubricant around when I put a new bag on and I crinkle the bag all up to get the lubricant spread out all over the inside of the bag. &zwj

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
eefyjig
Nov 21, 2022 10:31 pm
Reply to AlexT

Alex, I think they're just more crinkly than other bags I've tried. But I like a lot of other things about them so being crinkly isn't such a big deal.

AlexT
Nov 21, 2022 10:49 pm
Reply to eefyjig

I have no idea how anyone wears bags with no cloth edge around them. The samples I've tried other than Hollister annoy me to death when they don't have the cloth edge. &zwj

Marco789
Nov 22, 2022 3:32 am

I use Hollister, haven't had any issues with the products except for one pouch which had a tiny leak in it... and that could have happened at work.

gairdinspreagtha
Nov 22, 2022 3:55 pm
Reply to AlexT

What's the lubricant for?

AlexT
Nov 22, 2022 4:56 pm
Reply to gairdinspreagtha

So the output slides down the bag. I have a colostomy and deal with pancaking a lot. Plus, the lubricant has a deodorant in it too.